Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    The T post driver I have my dad had made some 40 years ago. It is very heavy so you do not have to lift it far to drive a post. Most people can't lift it high enough to put it over a post standing straight up. Raise it a about a foot and let it drop. It drives them good. Those light weight ones you buy will kill ya.
    The one I have now is the heaviest I've ever seen. It is definitely a home spun job I picked up from my last deer lease. I call it "Gorda". It will drive a dang post. That's for sure. Too dang heavy to lift very high. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by forneydroptine View Post
      Yepper, cut my head open on the button on the top of my cap when it came down.

Still didn’t knock any sense in me.
      X’s 2
      That dang button is a B.

Comment

Can't believe they called a bambalance for a bump on the noggin.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          Can't believe they called a bambalance for a bump on the noggin.
          LOL... I can't believe that you can't believe it. Maybe if it was your friend teetering on the edge of consciousness with blood loss you'd think differently. Maybe not.

Comment

Not sure how its possible myself. I just made a a cage the other day around my wireless camera to keep cows out

BUT, I have seen some very poor position/stances when driving t posts. No lower half or leg action.

SIMILAR TO THE ALL UPPER BODY GUY AT THE GYM

Comment

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
              Trying to picture how it would happen...

Me too— I’m guessing the driver gets over the post and catches the top of it, bringing the top-heavy driver down on the noggin.
              There’s probably more than one way to do it.
              I’ve driven quite a few t-posts and lucky to say I’ve never hit myself in the head.

Comment

Watched a fellow lease member long ago do it to himself. It knocked him to the ground and gave him a bleeding head. After watching that, I have always been cognizant of avoiding a similar fate. Even if I get it done slower I at least stay upright with no gong.... Luckily I learned watching somebody else and not myself..
                Last edited by Smart; 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I watched my Dad do it. My buddy that was with us, took over for him while I was helping Dad. I heard a different "CLANK" and turned around to see my buddy out cold on the ground. That was A LOT OF BLOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Watched a fellow lease member long ago do it to himself. It knocked him to the ground and gave him a bleeding head. After watching that, I have always been cognizant of avoiding a similar fate. Even if I get it done slower I at least stay upright with no gong.... Luckily I learned watching somebody else and not myself..
                    This is exactly me - Ive seen 2 accidents, and it has scared the craziness out of me. Judging by all the pics on here, I dont think I will start speeding any of the process up.

Comment

I've driven posts all my life and never had it happen or seen it happen. How exactly do you hit yourself with one? I'm 6'2" so maybe that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        I've driven posts all my life and never had it happen or seen it happen. How exactly do you hit yourself with one? I'm 6'2" so maybe that makes a difference.
                        As mentioned above go up to high pull down with the driver on the edge of the post. It will force you to pull it toward your noggin. Fatigue and the cheap short drivers are typically the culprit. I suspect half the guys that have posted are 6' one even said he was 6'8".

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          After reading all these posts, I still don't think I fully understand how people are sustaining head injuries from t-post drivers. Are they hitting their heads with it on the way up? Or are the raising the driver too high (i.e., over the fence post) and dropping it on their heads?

Can someone please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            After reading all these posts, I still don't think I fully understand how people are sustaining head injuries from t-post drivers. Are they hitting their heads with it on the way up? Or are the raising the driver too high (i.e., over the fence post) and dropping it on their heads?

Can someone please explain?
                            See the post above yours?

Comment

I have never hit myself in a head with one. However myself and MLank were building a couple of pens one day and got so dang hot and delirious we fenced in the dang Kawasaki Mule. Finally got done and about passed out and then realized what happened. Had to pull a post to get out.

Comment

[QUOTE=ThisLadyHunts
                                Can someone please explain?[/QUOTE]

Refer to post #131

Comment

Working...
                                X