self checkout cash registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self checkout cash registers

how many people use them, at my walmart there are 26 registers and 12 self checkouts, only one register is open, i told the manager i dont use self check outs because i think the cost jobs, i boycott the self checkouts because i remember friends and relatives of mine were having a hard time looking for jobs, automation is a job killer,

I usually only have 10-15 items a trip so I use them a bunch.

Probably 9 times out of every 10 trips.

Comment

I almost use them exclusively. So much easier and one is almost always available.

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter69 View Post
        i told the manager i dont use self check outs because i think the cost jobs, i boycott the self checkouts because i remember friends and relatives of mine were having a hard time looking for jobs, automation is a job killer,
        Lol smh.

Then why don’t they replace greeters with robots that wave a robot hand?

Innovation will propel us into the future.

Comment

Self-checkouts are quicker, more accurate, and I don't have to interact with some minimum wage yahoo that doesn't want to be there in the first place... I don't go to a brick and mortar store unless I have to, and when I do, I generally try to avoid contact with the employees if at all possible...

Comment

I use whatever gets me out the door quickest...

Comment

Self checkouts aren't gonna last long, they'll be outdated by phone scanning apps before you know it! Automation is a progression that's gonna happen, just as well get accustomed so you won't have to get your grandkids to walk you through it! Take from a guy that learned to type on a button and lever Underwood typewriter, you know those old magical advancements that cost scribes their jobs many moons ago!

Comment

I use them but get aggravated when you need adult approval to buy fuel additive and you have to wait for approval.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                    Self checkouts aren't gonna last long, they'll be outdated by phone scanning apps before you know it! Automation is a progression that's gonna happen, just as well get accustomed so you won't have to get your grandkids to walk you through it! Take from a guy that learned to type on a button and lever Underwood typewriter, you know those old magical advancements that cost scribes their jobs many moons ago!
                    I scan my groceries as I put them in the cart and then scan at a kiosk on the way out (HEB) very quick and easy.

Comment

I use them when I have a small amount of items. Whatever gets me out faster.......

it beats sitting in a long line taking a stand when my time can be used better elsewhere...

Comment

I hate them I don’t go to the grocery store to work. The local Kroger has 26 registers and 18 are self checkout. I usually shop at HEB where they seem to have cashiers. I think the more they put in the more my disdain grows.

Comment

If a store doesn't have self checkout I'm probably not going there.

Comment

how many people use them, at my walmart there are 26 registers and 12 self checkouts, only one register is open, i told the manager i dont use self check outs because i think the cost jobs, i boycott the self checkouts because i remember friends and relatives of mine were having a hard time looking for jobs, automation is a job killer,
                            Maybe your friends and relatives could take some courses to learn how to diagnose and repair automation when it goes down?

Comment

Aaron Tippen moment!

Comment

Working...
                              X