Black Lab in Animal Shelter- DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Lab in Animal Shelter- DFW

Joined my daughter and her volleyball team for a team bonding day today. They made blankets and chew toys for dogs at one of the local shelters. We went to The Colony Animal Services and enjoyed seeing all of the dogs there, but of course, it’s never easy to see so many dogs needing a good home.

My daughter and I couldn’t help but continue going back to this one dog. It was a 5 year old Male Black Lab and looked to be full-blooded. He was very affectionate and I just couldn’t understand how a dog like that was in an animal shelter. I guess I always expect some of the mixed breeds and such, but to see what looked like a very sweet, non-aggressive, older male Lab hit home since I’ve had so many Labs in my life and they were all great.

I asked a worker about him and they said he was brought in by his owner. He apparently snapped or bit a child and they couldn’t take anymore chances so took him to the shelter. They said they thought the dog was sleeping and the young child jumped on him and it was very likely defense reaction from being asleep. Who knows, but this dog seemed so gentle and came up to lick everyone and his eyes just looked sad as to say I’m a good dog and need a good home. Really tempted us, but not ready for a full grown dog yet.

If anyone around DFW is in the market for an older house-trained black Lab I think it’d be worth a look to rescue this guy. I just felt compelled to mention it in case someone saw this and needed a good buddy around the house. Believe they called him Jeti.
    Attached Files

If you not ready for a full grown lab you’d sh+t yourself with a lab puppy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Lol...I think you read into that wrong! Not ready for a dog period at the moment. I’ve had 8+ labs in my life and helped train Labs in college with professionals and Wildrose Kennels people. I love labs and pups with the best of em. We will be in a position for a new dog in a couple years hopefully. Hoping this guy can find someone ready tho. Thanks for bumping it up

Comment

Good looking dog for sure.

Comment

Is this a no kill shelter?

Comment

For two yrs!!
              After that they are great dogs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

This shelter also had 4 Lab pups that just came in and were about to go to a Rescue Row Frisco. I’m not certain if this shelter puts dogs down or not. I kinda think they do, but not certain. Another thing I hate to think about...

Comment

Bump

Comment

Thanks. Bump again! Had a PM from someone wanting to call and check on the dog. Fingers crossed

Comment

Bump

Comment

Yep. I have 2. Chew dig poop drag. All of the above. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                          Thanks. Bump again! Had a PM from someone wanting to call and check on the dog. Fingers crossed
                          X2

I had a similar experience with my dog snapping at a friend when I was a kid. He got right in the sleeping dogs face and yelled to scare the dog. Kids mom was understanding that her son had a moment of stupidity and told him he was lucky it was just a nip on his face. That was 35+ years ago, not the same world anymore.

Comment

This just makes me sad.

I hope someone goes and gets that good looking dog.

Comment

Aww man. Good for you, OP. Hope someone snags him up. I've got a soft spot for pups like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X