Tournament Fisherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Fisherman

Anyone on here into serious tournament fishing? I've been really wanting to get into bass tournaments but don't have the boat to do so. Just seeing if there is anyone on here I could learn from.

I did years ago. Wish I had all that money now. It became too much like work and it wasn't fun anymore. I'd do it again with like a father son team but not just for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
      Anyone on here into serious tournament fishing? I've been really wanting to get into bass tournaments but don't have the boat to do so. Just seeing if there is anyone on here I could learn from.
      Have you looked into Pro-Ams? Buy a spot on someone's boat and fish with them for the tournament.

Comment

Join a Bass Club locally and you get to get on a boat quite often and also learn the ropes.
        Jon Paul on here is big into saltwater tournaments (bay boats) and his sponsors are kicking-in but he does it because it is enjoyable.

Comment

Not sure how it works down there, but our clubs are teams ( two man) and many of the guys with boats don't have partners. So it's easy to fish them as a non boater. They team you up with someone, that has a boat.

Comment

I jackpot the bigger tournaments on my local lake. I don't have time to run around and fish a trail. I wish I did.

Comment

I have looked into the pro/ams but I feel guilty jumping into a boat with no boating experience. I feel my fishing skills would be up too par as a co-angler.

As for the club scene, I may have to check it out. I just have to find the right group. Any suggestions for a club around San Antonio?

What I would like to find is a person that can be a mentor in boating, fishing, and tournament etiquette and strategy. I would like this person to become a team partner for a bass trail in Central Texas.

Comment

You need to enjoy hard times. Weather seems to always be bad. If you are on fish, so are other people. Every bite counts. Every missed bite or lost fish hurts. Mondays really suck after you drive back late Sunday from fishing 3-4 days from a place hours away. You play catch-up on chores during the week only to do it all over again in a week to a month. In my mid 50's now and I'm not fishing this year to work on a property I bought and I am building a cabin on. Would I do it again? Of course. It was great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                  You need to enjoy hard times. Weather seems to always be bad. If you are on fish, so are other people. Every bite counts. Every missed bite or lost fish hurts. Mondays really suck after you drive back late Sunday from fishing 3-4 days from a place hours away. You play catch-up on chores during the week only to do it all over again in a week to a month. In my mid 50's now and I'm not fishing this year to work on a property I bought and I am building a cabin on. Would I do it again? Of course. It was great fun.
                  Honestly, it's worse having to imagine all of that. It eats me up inside everyday not being able to get out there and have the chance to compete. There is a monster inside of me haha

Comment

Working...
                  X