No announcement yet.

Shelter In Place Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the speed with which hospital beds are filling, not the overall number over the length of the outbreak. This thing only really started making the news in Dec/Jan. It’s the 2 weeks with no symptoms and the ability to infect 10+ people per day before you ever get a fever/cough. That’s why the curve is so steep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      I agree with what you said, except the being forced to stay at home part, no one is forced to stay at home. It is getting old with so many people saying that. People are going to stores and work daily, but you do not see a huge spike of people getting sick from that. Be careful and use common sense
      Yes, you absofreakinglutely do.

Comment

I will go about my daily life and will go fishing. I would love to be stopped. Might frame my citation or whatever B.S. they hand me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
          what you see a spike from is the results of the testing that just started. Before they were not testing, so it stands to reason that once it starts there will be a spike..

Comment

Thank you!
            We go from 14,000 cases nationwide friday afternoon to 47,000 or more cases today, in the US?
            The people in denial of what's happening are as bad as those that panic.
            It's really something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              what you see a spike from is the results of the testing that just started. Before they were not testing, so it stands to reason that once it starts there will be a spike..
              And don't forget the fact that it's actually spreading...That's kind of important.

Comment

Yes, before they were testing, no one was sick. I see. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                  It's absurd because no one took it seriously when they warned us 3 weeks ago. There is a ton of over reaction and panic. I couldn't agree more.
                  However, there is just as much flippentness about it.
                  Very few people are showing common sense and don't think they're better than everyone else, on either side of the spectrum.

The virus is bad, but the problem is in the hospitals and health care. My wife is a nurse in Dallas and my cousin is one in New Orleans. They both get home exhausted because they're spread too thin after their 12 hour shift, not to mention their putting their own lives, and their families lives to an extent, on the line to take care of people they don't know. The hospitals are a **** show because people didn't take this deal seriously until recently, and some still aren't.

I get while you think it's absurd, but do yourself a favor and understand what the challenges really are before you make anymore off the cuff comments without being educated.

The virus isn't the problem with this whole deal. The lack of resources (nurses, doctors, hospitals, equipment, masks, respirators, etc) is the problem.

If you haven't already, you should go to the nearest hospital and volunteer and your excess resources. I think you'd realize what a challenging time we're in right now as a society.
                  Agree

Comment

It's pretty clear people here have been sick with this for months, my son included. I've no doubt the more severe cases are on the uprise, but now people are pouring into hospitals at the 1st sign of a cough...because of panic/fear.

Comment

^^^ or just to get tested.

Comment

Yes, before they were testing, no one was sick. I see. Thank you.
                        That is exactly the point. They were sick, but the statistics did not reflect them. They got well on their own

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Live life...be carefull, protect the elderly and otherwise immuno-compromised folks in your life.

NOT destroy the economy with fear and panic.
                          I’m sure everyone wishes it was that easy. Agreed don’t destroy the economy with fear and panic, but measures more than live life and be careful will have to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            I’m sure everyone wishes it was that easy. Agreed don’t destroy the economy with fear and panic, but measures more than live life and be careful will have to be taken.
                            Sure. Wash your hands. Don't hug folks all over the place. Limit where you go. Watch what you touch. Then wash your hands again.

Hoarding toilet paper, paper towels, milk, flour, and cotton swabs isn't helping. Shutting down the world is just going to kill everyone. Well, if we do that, we sure will control the virus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                              Sure. Wash your hands. Don't hug folks all over the place. Limit where you go. Watch what you touch. Then wash your hands again.

Hoarding toilet paper, paper towels, milk, flour, and cotton swabs isn't helping. Shutting down the world is just going to kill everyone. Well, if we do that, we sure will control the virus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Before this is all over, the recession will cause far more sickness and death than the virus....and they will still deny it.

Comment

Relax! Shelter in place is NOT a law. In order for it to be a law it would have to be passed by a legislature and that has not been done. Martial law would have to be declared and that too has not been done anywhere.
                                I'll do and go where I need to. I will however take necessary precautions and drink plenty of +50% alcohol to kill any viruses. My preference is 12 year old Aberlour single malt scotch. For added protection Balcones Rumble at 67-1/2%.
                                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-24-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X