Taurus Replacing Broken Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus Replacing Broken Pistol

So, while I’m sitting around the house trying to heal up. I decided to break out a couple of my guns for a field strip and clean.

I broke the trigger safety mechanism to my carry gun. I looked online and apparently it’s happened before to people and Taurus has replaced it. I called Taurus. My gun has a class action lawsuit against it due to a drop fire incident. They no longer sell them or replacement parts. They're sending me a brand new 9mm.

My gun is the PT 140 Millennium... never had a 9mm but I’m perfectly content with trading a 10 year old broken pistol for a brand new one.

Cool beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win win!!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Good deal! What model was the gun that had the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
        Good deal! What model was the gun that had the issue?

PT140 Millennium .40 Caliber

Comment

I had the exact same pistol. Sent it in to them and they replaced mine as well. It took a couple of months but I got a brand new G2 in 9mm. You will like it a lot better. Takedown for cleaning is similar to a Glock unlike the Millennium where you had to hold the barrel at a certain angle and hold your mouth just right to put it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
            I had the exact same pistol. Sent it in to them and they replaced mine as well. It took a couple of months but I got a brand new G2 in 9mm. You will like it a lot better. Takedown for cleaning is similar to a Glock unlike the Millennium where you had to hold the barrel at a certain angle and hold your mouth just right to put it back together.

I think that barrel positioning and mouth holding part is what broke it. Haha. Thanks for the info. Hope it doesn’t take months....

Comment

cool cool what is a class action lawsuit from drop fire mean

if you don't mind me asking

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                cool cool what is a class action lawsuit from drop fire mean

if you don't mind me asking

A federal judge has granted preliminary approval to a $38 million class action settlement resolving allegations that a gun defect allows weapons manufactured by Brazilian company Forjas Taurus SA to fire when dropped.

A judge has granted preliminary approval to a $38M class action settlement resolving allegations that Taurus' revolvers have a "drop-fire" gun defect.

Comment

Now sell the Taurus and buy a glock,shield, or XD.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Yes.. wanted to post this previously. Friends don't let Friends buy Taurus'

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                      My brother has a couple and they don’t fire or feed reliably, Taurus revolvers aren’t terrible at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                        My brother has a couple and they don’t fire or feed reliably, Taurus revolvers aren’t terrible at least in my experience.
                        IMO Taurus use to be the laughing stock of firearms but they have come a long way in recent years. For the better I might add.

Comment

Lemme borrow a dolla. $$$

Comment

I remember a fella using a 1911 style Taurus in class when I was qualifying for my CCL...at the range, he was shooting his silhouette and after a couple rounds, I watched the thumb safeties just fall off....freaked us and the instructor out...that's when I knew...don't buy a Taurus...I guess that can happen to anyone but talk about timing...jeez...

Comment

A new Taurus

Comment

Working...
                              X