Aussie bush fires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie bush fires.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tn8f0uaB4"]The Truth About the Australian Bushfires - YouTube[/ame]

Only watched a minute so if it said this already I apologize but I believe the updated total is 22 people arrested for arson related to the fires. As much damage as the fires have cause it sounds like they should just tie them to a tree in front of the biggest fire and call it a day.

Comment

Its always climate change regardless the source of ignition..........just like the amazon fires.
      PJW does some great work

Comment

Among the 180 who face legal actions, 24 are accused of deliberately setting fires. Fifty-three are people who allegedly failed to comply with a total fire ban, and 47 allegedly discarded lit cigarettes or matches.

The fires were intentionally started. And like California they wont clean up up the combustible materials to prevent fires either. Most of their trees are Eucalyptus which sheds it bark.

“Blue gum eucalyptus is one of the most fire-intensive plants,” says Klatt. Trees not only put a lot of fuel on the ground as they shed bark, leaves and twigs, but in intense fires, volatile compounds in foliage cause explosive burning. “Once bark catches fire, it gets blown ahead of the flame front and drops burning embers by the tens of thousands per acre in the urban community.”

Comment

Cali and the Australian officials can definitely do better with controlling these fires. Really sad to see all the destruction for zero good reason beyond negligence to use the tools that have proven effective.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is actually not the worst fires they have had in Australia....

Crazy

Comment

Well if nothing else should help with their feral cat and rabbit problem

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was in high school I thought about moving to Australia. Their govt was paying .25ยข bounty on the rabbits. I prided myself as being a pretty darn good rabbit killer back then, figured I'd get rich......

The adds for this employment were always in the Outdoor and Boys Life magazines, late 60's.

Comment

183 arsonists arrested

b...b...but...climate change!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                    183 arsonists arrested

b...b...but...climate change!!!
                    Now what just a cotton pickin minute, I saw on the local news(CBS) last night they did a fact check on this and determined yes it was climate change that is responsible for the wildfires in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Now what just a cotton pickin minute, I saw on the local news(CBS) last night they did a fact check on this and determined yes it was climate change that is responsible for the wildfires in Australia.
                      ooooh...CBS

Well then... I stand corrected

Comment

I was watching Pro Bowling and one of the pros, who was commentating, is from Australia.
                        They were talking about these fires and the money that the PBA has raised as aid for Australia and he mentioned that an estimated 1 BILLION animals have now perished in these fires... That is staggering and hard to even comprehend!!! Very sad all the way around.. Also he mentioned that over 200 arrests have now been made..

Comment

Working...
                        X