Reclaimed wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reclaimed wood

Has anyone with an old barn, hen house, etc sold the wood to one of these outfits that reclaims it? I have several old structures that need to go and if I could make a little cash, even better...

This is something I'm clueless on so any advice will help.

Etsy or Craigslist, maybe?

Would probably be an easier sell in places with a larger population than mine.

Comment

I'd search for Long Leaf Pine on craigslist and contact the people in those ads to see if they are interested in taking care of the demo/purchasing the material.

Comment

I tried this once on an old home place that was built in 1908. Their big interest was the sheetrock and framing material. All in all, it was a zero sum gain as far as getting cash in hand. Basically they took the place down, hauled it all off what they salvaged, burned the remainder and left a clean patch of dirt where the house stood. No money in my pocket but the home and barn were gone.

Comment

I could use some for a few walls Im doing in my house, don't need the whole works but if you want to get rid of some let me know.

Comment

Do you have pictures of the structures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have only been on the buy side. If you take the building down and have the materials stacked in place so they can be loaded easily, you will get a little money. If you want people to take down the structure for you, and haul it away, you wont get much money.

Comment

I buy a fair amount from Orr Reed Wrecking in Dallas. I've never been on the selling end but they might be worth a call.

Comment

If its close Im looking for some

Comment

I had an old barn that fell down and i was gonna burn it, put it on craigslist and it was all gone in two days.

Comment

Thanks for the idea's and interest...I'll take some pictures and do some rough estimates next time I'm at the Ranch!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        I have only been on the buy side. If you take the building down and have the materials stacked in place so they can be loaded easily, you will get a little money. If you want people to take down the structure for you, and haul it away, you wont get much money.
                        This...

What do you have? Where you located? Are you taking it down or am I?

Comment

If I were you, I would cut out the middle man who IS going to make a profit. I’d find an individual looking for some and sell to them rather than a company who is only going to turn around and turn a profit when they sell it for top dollar to someone for in their house... but that’s just me.

Comment

Working...
                          X