Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #51
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I have always enjoyed opposing viewpoints. I enjoy listening and learning. I'm also combative naturally. A person's belief has never told me the whole story. Watching people and their actions has always been more important. I have seen wonderful people do wonderful things without believing in how I conduct myself and lead my Family.

I have learned as I have gotten older that I can have a heated argument/discussion without calling yo mama fat.

Good people do good things.

How much yo momma weigh? Just the facts please. Lol
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #52
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Well I’m not one to brag... but . You betta recognize!!

I don't think its your keyboard that's oversized as much as your pot stirring spoon er, paddle. However, I am not immune to stirring it as well and I know that


But, that's just my opinion.
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #53
Sika
Pope & Young
 
Sika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Llano
Hunt In: Hill Country and East TX
Default

Quote:
Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it.
Or just do what I do...show up, pizz ****ers off then jet.
Sika is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #54
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it.
Opinions are opinions...I have no problem with that, but when FACTS are presented & ignored?? Someone please tell me why people cannot admit they are wrong. I've been incorrect a bunch of times here & have no problem saying 'I stand corrected'.

I didn't see the Coby thread regarding what was opinion or fact but here are Examples I dealt with recently:

Mountain Lions were compared to other endangered animals which they are not. FACT...if you don't want them killed explain why & that is an opinion. When asked to prove their endangered status, the reply was to prove they were not. WTH??

There have been mile & miles of current Border Wall construction in progress & when someone says Trump Lied & no construction has happened under his term & you show multiple current news links & have a friend watching it being built in his back yard, those are simple FACTS & cannot be defended otherwise unless you just want to look irrational & he indeed continued to not acknowledge & deflect. What is the point of continuing engage with stances like this after presented??

Shipping a long gun person to person in tx via UPS or FedEx is a Federal Offense...I claimed otherwise hoping to see proof but no statute was presented & I couldn't find anything on the net. Is it a misdemeanor or felony?? Any proof of prosecutions to said statute?? Not sure how it could be Federal when state laws vary so much, but I'm no lawyer & have buddies in LE who ship person to person using both as did I as well before becoming a FFL?? Jury is still out on this one & really would like to see it so not sure what to call this but let's say opinion until facts present themselves I guess.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #55
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young
 
cj7zrcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Hunt In: Throckmorton County
Default

Ford, Mathews, low fence
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #56
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Soccer is for girls.
Poptarts get butter.
30.06 is the best all around caliber.
Heavy arrows are slow.
A simple fake shake off added to the sequence off removes sign stealing of any sort.
Certain nationalities should be banned from using company microwaves.
Reeses peanut butter cups are better than any other candy.
Gold peak is the best iced tea.
Float california off.
Ban EPA gas jug nozzles.

People should read all thread posts before posting.
Whoops.

Last edited by systemnt; 01-27-2020 at 12:38 PM.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #57
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

What did I miss? Curt, Im not sure if you were stating your opinion or just posting a rant.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #58
SwampRanger
Pope & Young
 
SwampRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Coast
Hunt In: Batson
Default

Shake weight
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #59
Gherkin05
Ten Point
 
Gherkin05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Blanco Co.
Hunt In: NM,CO,TX
Default

Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:49 PM   #60
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

This is RICH!
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:49 PM   #61
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
What did I miss? Curt, Im not sure if you were stating your opinion or just posting a rant.
It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.
So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.
It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #62
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherkin05 View Post
That's hilarious
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #63
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.
So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.
It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.



With all due respect....from a guy that watched from the cheap seats, you weren't exactly wearing a shiny halo yourself there..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #64
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Tells another member he thinks he shouldve been on a helicopter that caused the death of 9 people...
And is still able to post.
That is interesting.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #65
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
thanks for the chuckle, Curt and low_tec



The Votaw Thesaurus is reeeeeally small and doesn't take much to memorize


Wait, what? I thought Thesauruses were extinct


AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #66
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
With all due respect....from a guy that watched from the cheap seats, you weren't exactly wearing a shiny halo yourself there..
Did I say ONE SINGLE THING towards ANY members here?
Nope.

I'm going to leave it @ that so I don't get this thread wacked. Y'all have fun w/your "opinions".
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #67
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Amnesia.
Good defense.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #68
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Did I say ONE SINGLE THING towards ANY members here?
Nope.

I'm going to leave it @ that so I don't get this thread wacked. Y'all have fun w/your "opinions".



That's probably a great idea after what I read..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #69
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Tells another member he thinks he shouldve been on a helicopter that caused the death of 9 people...
And is still able to post.
That is interesting.
Funny you choose to ignore the fact he asked me if my daughter was raped by Kobe. How rich of you. Doesn't surprise me seeing as you were one of the ones in the wrong. IDK if you have a daughter(s) but that is a comment that will get your azz handed to you in my world.
Oh well, have fun. I'm out of this thread.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #70
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Wait, what? I thought Thesauruses were extinct





Wait wait.....You thought Thesauruses were like mountain lions in Texas?
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:14 PM   #71
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

These kids these days are being taught to not engage in debate or conversation with people of opposing opinion, but rather to call them names and retreat.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #72
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Funny you choose to ignore the fact he asked me if my daughter was raped by Kobe. How rich of you. Doesn't surprise me seeing as you were one of the ones in the wrong. IDK if you have a daughter(s) but that is a comment that will get your azz handed to you in my world.

Oh well, have fun. I'm out of this thread.
Didnt ignore it. But hes not here claiming innocence.

Memes with the word **** in them get infractions and bans.. yet..here you sit.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #73
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
As someone who is a slave to logic, with an almost overwhelming gag response to hypocrisy, I have to say that yesterday’s threads were anathema to me.
There's a plethora of great vocab in that sentence...a virtual cornucopia of high dollar verbiage.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #74
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There's a plethora of great vocab in that sentence...a virtual cornucopia of high dollar verbiage.
You tawk funny
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #75
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There's a plethora of great vocab in that sentence...a virtual cornucopia of high dollar verbiage.


I will never see the word plethora without thinking of the three amigos
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #76
Hart8
Pope & Young
 
Hart8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waxahachie,Tx
Hunt In: concho co. tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_tec View Post
Your wrong
*you're

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #77
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

There's no point having a debate with someone who's incapable of discerning truth from opinion, and too dumb to know when they've lost.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:33 PM   #78
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

please pass the aforementioned blood pressure meds.
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #79
StrayDog
Ten Point
 
StrayDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Funky Town
Hunt In: Coleman County
Default

I have “business discussions” everyday where people have different opinions/views.

I pay the most attention to those that have different opinions (as long as they have good thoughts/intentions) and ignore those that just agree with everything and present no ideas/evidence of their own.

Arguing just to argue is like wrestling a pig in the mud. I usually simply try and learn something (right or wrong) from a civil conversation. Close minded, arrogant, and/or narrow minded folks are just wasting my time.

Arguing to argue seems to be in vogue these days and never solves or changes anything - case-in-point, just look at what our elected officials are doing today.
StrayDog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #80
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Lately, there have been a plethora of threads where someone expressed an opinion and then came under fire for that opinion. Almost immediately, because of the overwhelming opposition, they take the defense of "I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".

Sure. Anyone can have an opinion about anything. Each person's opinion is as valuable to them as the next guy. Everyone thinks their opinion is correct and should never be questioned....But this isn't real life.

Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it. I don't have to agree with your opinion, but there is no harm in questioning it or even disagreeing with it. If you don't want the opposition, then maybe keep it to yourself where it doesn't need defending. It's childish to think that one could put their opinion out there and not have people with an opposing view comment on it or question it.

That being said, I can typically disagree with someone without calling them a dumb ***.....I mean I don't, but I can. We should all probably disagree more amicably, myself included.

My Dad has a saying about opinions and excuses...."they're like *****holes. Everybody has one and most of them stink". So have an opinion, everyone should have an opinion on each and every subject, but if you state it then be prepared to defend it and if you cannot, then your opinion is probably not based on fact or actual circumstances. Your opinion is not sacred ground. Neither is mine. Having an opinion doesn't make you above reproach, matter of fact, stating it invites reproach....get used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_tec View Post
Your wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
*You’re
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_tec View Post
Dang it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
My opinion is that I can have an opinion about your opinion of my
opinion... but you can’t have an opinion of my opinion about your opinion. ....... I’m also of the opinion you need to write down that opinion..
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
You should always just agree with me, so you’ll always have the right opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
You're so opinionated

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogHunter34 View Post
What if I have no opinion. Do I let everyone know or just keep it to myself

Good advice & ive noticed this lately on certain topics. I’m not perfect but I aim to be more positive, encouraging & try and engage in value added conversation
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
You have no idea...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
I tell people I am WAY MORE of an a-hole than they realize ( or that I show ). I do my best to play nice for their ( yalls ) benefit. And dont try to make me unleash the real me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I always look at it this way....the world would be a very boring place if we all thought exactly the same, even when other people have the wrong opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
Why are you telling me your opinion of how I should state my opinion? My opinion is just that my opinion but your opinion is just wrong



To be honest this thread made my head hurt a little this early in the morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Not my proudest moment. Normally I keep it together pretty well on the GS. That may be my first name calling infraction. Hope I can be forgiven

That said, I couldn’t agree more. The right to express opposing views is what makes this country great, amongst many many other things. But like you said, be prepared to defend it. Just cuz you say it, doesn’t make it true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
I try to tell people just to assume I’m right all the time and save us both some time.
They rarely listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
“I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".


Translation: y’all have proven my opinion to be complete BS, and I’ve been exposed for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Probably just because they are conceited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerplanter View Post
Sometimes this place has more drama then a group of teen aged girls. I only know this as I have 3 daughters that were teens, but it's just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotol View Post
I always opine that someone else's opinion is a fact, unless I have a different opinion.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
It's all in fun, I love this place. I'm one sentence writing sob

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas8point View Post
Yes Sir..... we have a complete train derailment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
EXACTLY!! Not to mention arrogant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
These people you speak of are living rent free in your dome. It's the www. This place is the only form of social media I participate in. Love it. great p!ace with mostly helpful people. most of the time I appreciate differing opinions. And a healthy debate but When it's stupid it doesnt deserve this sort of attention. Of course this is just my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Some have opinions and could not care less what others think of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H View Post
IMHO this thread sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
You said, in much fewer words, exactly what I was trying to get across. I need a Votaw Thesaurus.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
It’s like I told Middleton one time...”you should read the stuff I DON’T post”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Exactly!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I only come here for the drama 'opinions' cause really. Some guys (a lot of the same) get so wound up I wonder how much blood pressure medicine theyre on
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Yeah well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
U R Write
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post


Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxhunter View Post
Oh the irony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
……..honestly, I wonder how some folks actually function in their communities, workplaces, etc. The number of folks that go from 0 - 1,000 on a topic in one opposing post is worrisome at best, but definitely incredibly telling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that their keyboards aren't as big as they think they are

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Yep. Lots of folks lose the concept of fact vs opinion. I often post opinions on this forum qualified that it is opinion. My opinions are generally based in fact and may change as more facts become available.

Some folks on here think if its their opinion then everyone should just take that as fact. When actual facts don't bear out what they presented they have to start getting butt hurt instead of reconsidering the facts as they are presented.

In not sure if I'm talking about this forum or congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSon1836 View Post
^^^ win ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
Is it ok to have the opinion that gut shooting pigs and letting them run of ok? Asking for a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
Good post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Bwahahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
thanks for the chuckle, Curt and low_tec



The Votaw Thesaurus is reeeeeally small and doesn't take much to memorize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Of whom? From whom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
I'd imagine he's talking about the OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
As someone who is a slave to logic, with an almost overwhelming gag response to hypocrisy, I have to say that yesterday’s threads were anathema to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I have always enjoyed opposing viewpoints. I enjoy listening and learning. I'm also combative naturally. A person's belief has never told me the whole story. Watching people and their actions has always been more important. I have seen wonderful people do wonderful things without believing in how I conduct myself and lead my Family.

I have learned as I have gotten older that I can have a heated argument/discussion without calling yo mama fat.

Good people do good things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Kinda frustrated that I missed yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Well I’m not one to brag... but . You betta recognize!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff995 View Post
You shouldn’t be frustrated. It was awful. Lotta folks showed true colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Hunter View Post
If I posted what I wrote, before I deleted it, I would have made Pope and Young 14 years ago.

Wise words to remember..
You were born with two ears and one mouth, there is a reason for that..
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
Ignorance an be corrected, stupidity can't.
Words once spoken (typed/texted) you can never get it back.
#1- The truth should always be known but seldom spoken.

This is a Public Forum and anything you ever post is digitally saved. Some might consider that before they post. It is amazing how much this forum has changed over the years. Threads today are allowed to go way too far for way too long when years ago they were stopped and deleted very quickly. But that is just my OPINION.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
How much yo momma weigh? Just the facts please. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I don't think its your keyboard that's oversized as much as your pot stirring spoon er, paddle. However, I am not immune to stirring it as well and I know that


But, that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Opinions are opinions...I have no problem with that, but when FACTS are presented & ignored?? Someone please tell me why people cannot admit they are wrong. I've been incorrect a bunch of times here & have no problem saying 'I stand corrected'.

I didn't see the Coby thread regarding what was opinion or fact but here are Examples I dealt with recently:

Mountain Lions were compared to other endangered animals which they are not. FACT...if you don't want them killed explain why & that is an opinion. When asked to prove their endangered status, the reply was to prove they were not. WTH??

There have been mile & miles of current Border Wall construction in progress & when someone says Trump Lied & no construction has happened under his term & you show multiple current news links & have a friend watching it being built in his back yard, those are simple FACTS & cannot be defended otherwise unless you just want to look irrational & he indeed continued to not acknowledge & deflect. What is the point of continuing engage with stances like this after presented??

Shipping a long gun person to person in tx via UPS or FedEx is a Federal Offense...I claimed otherwise hoping to see proof but no statute was presented & I couldn't find anything on the net. Is it a misdemeanor or felony?? Any proof of prosecutions to said statute?? Not sure how it could be Federal when state laws vary so much, but I'm no lawyer & have buddies in LE who ship person to person using both as did I as well before becoming a FFL?? Jury is still out on this one & really would like to see it so not sure what to call this but let's say opinion until facts present themselves I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7zrcool View Post
Ford, Mathews, low fence
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Soccer is for girls.
Poptarts get butter.
30.06 is the best all around caliber.
Heavy arrows are slow.
A simple fake shake off added to the sequence off removes sign stealing of any sort.
Certain nationalities should be banned from using company microwaves.
Reeses peanut butter cups are better than any other candy.
Gold peak is the best iced tea.
Float california off.
Ban EPA gas jug nozzles.

People should read all thread posts before posting.
Whoops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
What did I miss? Curt, Im not sure if you were stating your opinion or just posting a rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRanger View Post
Shake weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherkin05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
This is RICH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.
So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.
It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
That's hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
With all due respect....from a guy that watched from the cheap seats, you weren't exactly wearing a shiny halo yourself there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Tells another member he thinks he shouldve been on a helicopter that caused the death of 9 people...
And is still able to post.
That is interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Wait, what? I thought Thesauruses were extinct


Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Did I say ONE SINGLE THING towards ANY members here?
Nope.

I'm going to leave it @ that so I don't get this thread wacked. Y'all have fun w/your "opinions".
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Amnesia.
Good defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
That's probably a great idea after what I read..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Funny you choose to ignore the fact he asked me if my daughter was raped by Kobe. How rich of you. Doesn't surprise me seeing as you were one of the ones in the wrong. IDK if you have a daughter(s) but that is a comment that will get your azz handed to you in my world.
Oh well, have fun. I'm out of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Wait wait.....You thought Thesauruses were like mountain lions in Texas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
These kids these days are being taught to not engage in debate or conversation with people of opposing opinion, but rather to call them names and retreat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Didnt ignore it. But hes not here claiming innocence.

Memes with the word **** in them get infractions and bans.. yet..here you sit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There's a plethora of great vocab in that sentence...a virtual cornucopia of high dollar verbiage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
You tawk funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I will never see the word plethora without thinking of the three amigos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
*you're

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
There's no point having a debate with someone who's incapable of discerning truth from opinion, and too dumb to know when they've lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
please pass the aforementioned blood pressure meds.

Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!

Last edited by nursejenn; 01-27-2020 at 02:05 PM.
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #81
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayDog View Post
I have “business discussions” everyday where people have different opinions/views.

I pay the most attention to those that have different opinions (as long as they have good thoughts/intentions) and ignore those that just agree with everything and present no ideas/evidence of their own.

Arguing just to argue is like wrestling a pig in the mud. I usually simply try and learn something (right or wrong) from a civil conversation. Close minded, arrogant, and/or narrow minded folks are just wasting my time.

Arguing to argue seems to be in vogue these days and never solves or changes anything - case-in-point, just look at what our elected officials are doing today.
You too....
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #82
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
please pass the aforementioned blood pressure meds.



Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #83
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post

Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!



yes dear..... Whatever you say dear....


now go make me a **** sammich!..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #84
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Was that the sound of a sandwich being made.......?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #85
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post


Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!
Maybe, but I identify as a lesbian

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #86
ShoootLow
Ten Point
 
ShoootLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery Co.
Hunt In: Most of Texas
Default

“If I agreed with you then we’d both be wrong”.
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #87
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Jenn just killed whatever landovers record for most quotes in single post was...
Deduction for feminism though..
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #88
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post

Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!
Sika will definitely disagree with you on that account. And that Smart fella, Im not sure what he's identifying as these days.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #89
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Sika will definitely disagree with you on that account. And that Smart fella, Im not sure what he's identifying as these days.
Dang it. I thought I skipped her... Fixed it!
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM   #90
curtintex
Pope & Young
 
curtintex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Porter, TX
Hunt In: Trinity County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.

So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.

It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.


I never called you a name. I had a difference of opinion from you and I stated facts and you stated your opinion that you couldn’t back up with facts. Yes, several people called you names, I did not. I’ve never been passive-aggressive and not likely to start today. I am sometimes condescending....I’ll give you that one. It’s the curse of being right so often.

I want to be clear that Kobe Bryant’s death affects me absolutely zero. I don’t wish death upon anyone, but people die everyday. I was simply arguing the FACT that he wasn’t convicted of rape nor did he ever admit to rape as you stated. You stated a lot of false information and I posted rebuttals. But, I actually agree with you that being dead doesn’t automatically make one respectable. Just like being accused doesn’t automatically make one guilty.

This OP rant was actually born out of a thread I read by Burnadell about Saggy and differences of opinion. I just thought that as long as someone was going to post an opinion that they should be able to defend it. THAT’s why I started this thread.... and yes I get the irony of someone starting a thread on their own opinion of how opinions work.

I’m sorry if you’re under the impression that this was solely aimed at you....that probably lit the fire behind it, but you weren’t at the forefront of my thoughts when I started this.

Gut shot pigs, shooting mountain lions, culling spikes, politics, you name it: people often post opinions that aren’t factual and this thread was just a rant on that. Sorry if it ruffled feathers.

Curt


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #91
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post

Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!
That was long winded, just like most women
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #92
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Sorry if it ruffled feathers.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you're not.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #93
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
That was long winded, just like most women




AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #94
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
These kids these days are being taught to not engage in debate or conversation with people of opposing opinion, but rather to call them names and retreat.
I agree with you
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #95
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I agree with you
This guy may be on to something.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #96
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
This guy may be on to something.
**** you
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #97
deerplanter
Ten Point
 
deerplanter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beach City
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I only come here for the drama 'opinions' cause really. Some guys (a lot of the same) get so wound up I wonder how much blood pressure medicine theyre on
It does get entertaining at times, kind of like this thread has gotten
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #98
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
This guy may be on to something.
100% in agreement with your Reese's statement - FACTS
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #99
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Beans still don’t go in chili.


That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact!
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #100
TCR²
Ten Point
 
TCR²'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brookeland
Hunt In: Jasper/Angelina/Shelby Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Soccer is for girls.
Poptarts get butter. - NO!
30.06 is the best all around caliber. - OK
Heavy arrows are slow. - IT'S ALL ABOUT KE!
A simple fake shake off added to the sequence off removes sign stealing of any sort. -
Certain nationalities should be banned from using company microwaves. - REHEATED FISH STEW IS AWESOME!
Reeses peanut butter cups are better than any other candy. - CORRECT!
Gold peak is the best iced tea. - WRONG.....RED DIAMOND!
Float california off. - SEND IT!
Ban EPA gas jug nozzles. - AMEN

People should read all thread posts before posting.
Whoops.
You are somewhat correct but not entirely....don't bother arguing either. I'm right, you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I can dig this for sure!
TCR² is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com