How Many Tag Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Tag Out

How many tag out just to fill their tags? I have seen guys pass up deer, but at the end of the year shoot them just to tag out instead of letting them go. I never understand why they let them go, but shoot at the end of the year just to tag out.

Only if more does need killed.

Comment

I don’t believe I have shot more than 2 deer in a Season since I first got on a deer lease in 1981. 1 deer a year is really all We will eat anyway.

Comment

If I pass them in the beginning of the season it was most likely for a reason so I pass them at the end of the year to. doesn't make sense to shoot a buck at the end of the season if he wasnt big or mature enough early season.
        Last edited by Southernboy; 01-05-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Nope. One mature buck a year for me if at all

Does don’t count.

BP
          Last edited by Big pig; 01-05-2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Double
            Last edited by Big pig; 01-05-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Try and put 3 in the freezer. Have all kinds of stuff made out of them at the processer and it’s last us all year.

Comment

I have tagged out many seasons but average 3-4 deer per season plus hogs. This season I only got 3 bucks and a hog but my son got a buck and a hog too. I also had an axis and a blackbuck from spring to add to the mix. We will easily eat 5 deer per year as we don't buy a lot of meat from the store. I will finish processing all of my animals in the next few weeks and we will probably be about out of meat by next bow season. I have multiple counties to hunt so I don't have the pressure of getting all my deer from one property. If I passed it early in the season, it's still getting a pass the last day of the season.

Comment

2 management bucks this season. Gotta remove the bad mouths to feed the big ones!

Comment

I got nothin

Comment

We always shoot our does because we are constantly trying to reduce our heard numbers but as far as bucks the past 2 years I have only shot 1 of my 3 allowed bucks. This is on my non mld place. The other one season doesn’t close till end of February so can’t say yet. But no I’m not going to shoot something at the end of the year that I passed on the beginning.

Comment

I try to get an average of 2 deer per 3 years. That's about all we eat, so no sense killing them for no reason other than filling tags. If I just want to shoot something for the hell of it, I'll go for pigs, coyotes, or racoons.

Comment

My wife and I eat one deer per year so I usually try and shoot a mature buck. If does need killing I’ll kill some or let buddies kill them.

90% of the time I kill one deer per year and drive 5000 miles to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only one deer a year for me. And I'll still end up giving a lot of it away next September.

Comment

I do not. I kill 1 maybe 2 deer a year ( an occasionally zero)and I like to give my does (or a mgmt buck) away to kids (especially when it's a first deer for them) or friends that don't get to hunt much. I just got back from 3 days of doe patrol doing just that. I didn't fire a shot..but there were a lot of big smiles with three mouths removed..
                              Last edited by Smart; 01-05-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X