Chocolate Bobcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate Bobcat?

We were duck hunting Saturday morning at Halls Bayou Ranch west of Hitchcock. When we were heading back in, we had one of the coolest looking bobcats that I have ever seen cross the road maybe 20 yards right in front of us. He didn't have any visible spots and was as chocolate as a chocolate lab. He looked to be entirely dark chocolate brown without any markings whatsoever. Anyone ever seen one colored like that? Is it just some kind of weird color phase or mutation?

That's a strange way to say you saw an East Texas black panther

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      That's a strange way to say you saw an East Texas black panther
      This was definitely just a bobcat

Comment

Yes, saw one on McFadden beach near port Arthur once. There’s a few pics on the net floating around of them. Melanistic phase somewhat I guess like we see In whitetail deer and squirrels.

Comment

That’s exactly what I was gonna say^^^ some melanistic genes.

Comment

Yah that's what I figured. Sure was a pretty cat and would make a great looking mount.

Comment

I will have to look for him halls bayou ranch is across the road from my hay pasture.

Comment

I've personally seen some of the prettiest bobcats ever in East Texas. I got this beauty last year on Christmas (can I still say that here? Oh well....) day last year. Always wanted to get a pretty one to mount and to do it with my little hunting partner on Xmas day was icing on the cake.
                Attached Files

Comment

If you go to google images, and look up melanistic Bobcat, they have a pic of one that was live trapped I think it was Florida!
                  Also, there was one of our members killed one last year that was really dark!

Comment

Originally posted by TakeAKidHunting View Post
                    I've personally seen some of the prettiest bobcats ever in East Texas. I got this beauty last year on Christmas (can I still say that here? Oh well....) day last year. Always wanted to get a pretty one to mount and to do it with my little hunting partner on Xmas day was icing on the cake.
                    Man that is a good looking cat

Comment

Beautiful cat!

Comment

I believe I have seen something like you are describing. Two separate occasions in the last year. I installed a dash cam after the last sighting.

Comment

Seen some at the Laguna Atascosa last month. Beautiful!

Comment

I think I saw one this evening. I’m sorry for the poor pic but it snap shot one one of the videos I took. This is the second cat sighting this year. The other looked like a topical bob.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1808.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	24603431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	24603430

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude that has got to be the best bobcat coat I’ve ever seen

Comment

Working...
                              X