Anyone had spine/neck disk surgury ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had spine/neck disk surgury ?

I have a disk messed up in my neck and just wondering what procedures any of you guys have had and how did it work out ? Thanks !

Never had a fusion type surgery, but have had 2-3 spinal steroid injections.

I tend to get about a year or two of symptom relief on each injection.

A quick and painless procedure that is done at the office.

Comment

I has C6-C7 fused in March. They wanted to fuse from C4-C7, but that was life altering. We are planning on doing it over the years. Hopefully many years.

My left arm was numb and I had shooting pain from my neck around the left side of my chest. That is all gone. It took 6-7 months to notice anything.

Comment

I have had 3 and it worked great every time. The first one I blew the disc out pretty bad and they just removed it and they let it grow back together on it's own. Then I just had a couple disc trimmed as it was rubbing on the nerve and boy!! it makes a world of a difference, pain gone immediately. Simple surgery back to work in less than a week. Just get a good neurosurgeon.

Comment

Yes. Cervical laminectomy C5/C6. Medical procedure recommendations will differ depending on whether you see an orthopedist versus a neurosurgeon. I went with a neurosurgeon who recommended the laminectomy versus the orthopedic surgeon who recommended fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
            Then I just had a couple disc trimmed as it was rubbing on the nerve and boy!! it makes a world of a difference, pain gone immediately. Simple surgery back to work in less than a week. Just get a good neurosurgeon.
            Me too. 2 ruptured discs, shaved some bone down, 2 hr surgery, walked out the same day. Shouldn’t have waited 4 years to do it! That was Aug 1 of this year. Been 100% for months now. And my mom just got all of her discs replaced in her neck this past Thursday and barely in pain today. Surgery has come a LONG way. Don’t keep putting bandaids on it!

Comment

I've had the shots, no results. Had laminectomy. Results were minimal. Ended up with a three level fusion. Still gets stiff and hurts. Guess I'm stuck with it! Good luck! There are a lot of folks that have no problems after the surgery.

Comment

Thanks for all the info , I have had some pretty bad pain for a month now down my arm to my finger tip, had my MRI and should find out what's going on this week .
                Been taking Gabopentin (something like that ? ) and man it's made me in a brain fog big time !
                The really big thing that aggravates me about it is it's right in
                the middle of deer season !

Comment

Have had two or three rounds of injections. Very little relief and they were not painless injections. They SUCKED!!!!!

Starting decompression therapy today. They want to put off any back surgery as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X