Snakes galore today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakes galore today.

Got a text with one word in it today from my mom "snake" so I rushed over to her house since we live pretty close to each other. She's standing in the road pointing (like I can see exactly where it's at) so I search and found a yellow bellied racer about 2 feet long. She said she almost stepped on it. Probably ran half a block to get away from it.

Later in the day my buddy wants me to go with him to see if we can find a spot to set up and shoot some sandhill cranes. We look on some properties we have access to for crane activity. Found another yellow bellied racer laying on the road. On our way back we see a rattlesnake and another 10 feet or so from it. 15 feet or so past that one there's another. 20 or so feet away from that one is another. We ended up seeing 8 total plus a bullsnake in 1/4 mile of road. I think I found a new snake huntin spot for next Spring. We couldn't believe how many were out and about.

Monstwr Prairie rattler today on my place in Throckmorton

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s not a prairie rattler

Comment

That little girl has more stones I do for holding that

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          DB.....

Comment

I was with my my two male grandkids on a piece of property that had been in the family for ~50 years. In that time I had seen maybe a hand full of snakes.

As we are walking through some tall grass the 8yo says "this grass is tall...we could find a snake in here." I don't even acknowledge him as the idea is so remote.

Then less than 30 seconds later he peels away and says "I found a snake!" I go over expecting to see a stick but sure enough there was a pretty little Hog Nose. Kids...

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Yeah, looks like a diamondback to me.

Comment

It’s a diamondback.
                Last edited by oktx; 10-24-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

With the head still attached.

Comment

I’ll share.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DF06BFCB-B7BF-4B68-B21B-85A350BDFAF2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	24666033

Click image for larger version

Name:	490680A1-1079-4A75-8FBB-DC8ECB745B1E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	24666034

Comment

Let's see oktx---that would be a timber rattler and a cottonmouth--

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        let's see oktx---that would be a timber rattler and a cottonmouth--
                        100%

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          Got a text with one word in it today from my mom "snake" so I rushed over to her house since we live pretty close to each other. She's standing in the road pointing (like I can see exactly where it's at) so I search and found a yellow bellied racer about 2 feet long. She said she almost stepped on it. Probably ran half a block to get away from it.

Later in the day my buddy wants me to go with him to see if we can find a spot to set up and shoot some sandhill cranes. We look on some properties we have access to for crane activity. Found another yellow bellied racer laying on the road. On our way back we see a rattlesnake and another 10 feet or so from it. 15 feet or so past that one there's another. 20 or so feet away from that one is another. We ended up seeing 8 total plus a bullsnake in 1/4 mile of road. I think I found a new snake huntin spot for next Spring. We couldn't believe how many were out and about.
                          Cold blooded critters here in North TX right now are making a living in weather that is really dry and really August. Watch your step, they are watching your step.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                            Monstwr Prairie rattler today on my place in Throckmorton

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                            That is a great pic, God bless fearless Texas girls!

Comment

Working...
                            X