Mathews Triax? YAY or NAY??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Triax? YAY or NAY??

Going to check out a like new mathews triax today. Any reviews or comments? I prefer a shorter ATA bow, so i think i will like it.
    Ive previously shot bowtech, so im worried i might not like the mathews draw cycle. Anyone gone from bowtech to mathews with good or bad results?

Let me know!!

Triax is awesome. Don’t know anything about bowtech, IV always shot Mathews

Comment

I got one 2 years ago and definitely the best Mathews bow I've had. It's short, light, quiet (quietest I've had), and fast. I'm shooting 540 grain arrows at 279+ fps set at 64 lbs. I had a Halon but it was quite a bit heavier and felt front loaded but it was fast as well. I drunk the Mathews koolaid about 15 years ago and not looked back. Lived with the slower speeds till these double cams came out. You won't regret it. I added an adjustable side stablizer which just added ice cream on the pie. Dead in the hand and even weight distribution.

Comment

I have one and its a really good bow, no complaints. I disagree that its light, compared to my DXT its a tank.

Comment

Love my triax so much i have two. I am about to post one up for sale though in the classifieds.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
            Im not worried about the weight as i feel like it will counter the shortness in terms of steadiness in hand.

The one im looking at is equipped with IQ 5 pin with dovetail and the mathews QAD rest all for $700.

I feel like its a steal of a deal!

Comment

I would get all over that!!! I just got one for a coworker off ebay a few weeks ago for $750 and it just came with a QAD rest and stabilizer. There's a vendor on ebay that you can get the mods for about $55. They are easy to replace yourself to get the correct draw length. That was the best change besides dual cams Mathews made. No need to go to the bow shop to switch out the whole cam for the proper draw length.

Comment

I have a local bow shop that will change them out for free and keep the mods that it came with, so no worries there.

Do they tune pretty well with the heavy arrows and fixed broadheads? Just purchased my first set of heavy with high FOC. (i know i bought in to it)... lol

My total arrow weight wil be 552...

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                  I have one and its a really good bow, no complaints. I disagree that its light, compared to my DXT its a tank.
                  My DXT was my second favorite bow! I had it for about 6-7 years and its still being shot by a guy out in California right now. Like you said though it was def lighter then the Triax even though axle to axle I believe they were the same. These new bows have more substantial risers on them - probably twice the thickness as the older ones.

Comment

I agree with others. Purchased one when first introduced and only complaint I had was string angle and could have used a bit more peep adjustment compared to a longer ATA having a 30" draw. They shoot extremely well, zero shock, feel solid in the hand, and dead quiet. Besides changes made in riser length, switch weight technology, and grip I don't see a huge improvement over the Triax. Now shooting a 31.5 V3 only because of the personal fit.
                    Last edited by Notaguide; 09-29-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks all!

I think i will move forward and purchase it this evening.

Hopefully CCR can get me in and setup before the weekend!!

Comment

I went from a 31" ata bow to the triax (which was equipped with the IQ pro with dovetail). The dovetail was extended all the way out and I put my sniper hog light on it.. i couldn't get stable and my pin was moving side to side like crazy.

I brought the dovetail in towards the riser two notches and put a 10" stokerized stab on it and make an absolute world of difference.

I had to turn the limb bolts down, because it was just uncomfortable for me cranked all the way down. I full turn down made it 100x better.

Its heavy, no doubt about it. But I feel like I can throw it off a cliff and itll survive and shoot just fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone played around with the 75% vs 85% let off?

Wondering if you may have it @75% hully1029

Comment

Small world, @hully1029. I believe you may be who I'm meeting to check the bow out? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TXPublic54 View Post
                              Small world, @hully1029. I believe you may be who I'm meeting to check the bow out? LOL
                              Holy ****.. yup, its me.. hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X