NAP Double Cross broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAP Double Cross broad heads

I was recently given a few of these broad heads. My best hunting bud can’t pull back his compound any more and went back to his recurve.

I have never heard of them before, it looks like they tried copying the Swat mechanical broad head.

The ones my friend gave me are not new, but haven’t been used so I may give them a spin. I was curious to see if any of y’all have used them and if so how did they perform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used them when I was shooting mechanicals and they killed everything that I shot. Blood trails weren't great to be honest on the last few animals, though they were all dead within 50-100yds. That's the main reason that I stopped using them. I still have a few that I'll probably use on pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I used them when I was shooting mechanicals and they killed everything that I shot. Blood trails weren't great to be honest on the last few animals, though they were all dead within 50-100yds. That's the main reason that I stopped using them. I still have a few that I'll probably use on pigs.

Thanks for the info. It seems that the blades would deplete a lot of energy to get them all to deploy and the one I played with seemed stiff when I tried to move the blades in & out of their channels.

I suppose that would help with them not deploying while in flight.

Not leaving a decent blood trail is disappointing. With 4 blades one would expect to have a pretty big one. I think I’ll save them for pigs & see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven't used that model but have been very pleased with the NAP Killzones I have used so far but they only have two blades

Comment

Used this head with on a 150" buck and was thoroughly disappointed.

Poor shot about 2 inches forward barely clipped shoulder and only penetrated about 4 inches. These are the reason I went back to only shooting fixed heads.

Never found the deer after tracking for 600+ yards.

My opinion....

Comment

Working...
          X