Putting old movies onto flash drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting old movies onto flash drive?

Have a safe full of old family movies on 8 mm tape. Would like to get these converted to a flash drive or DVD before they get ruined with age.

Does anyone have a company they would recommend? Thanks!!!

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
    Have a safe full of old family movies on 8 mm tape. Would like to get these converted to a flash drive or DVD before they get ruined with age.

Does anyone have a company they would recommend? Thanks!!!
    Sorry DeerGeek, no help for you but thanks for posting this. I need to get my old family, hunting, fishing, etc. videos on DVD if possible, and looking for a company that does this in DFW area.

Comment

Legacy box??? Only company I've ever heard of. I'm sure there are others.

Comment

I was hoping to find a local company in DFW… I don’t like the idea of shipping them out… Any recs?

Comment

They make software that makes it simple to do it yourself if you have time. My father in law did ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmck View Post
            They make software that makes it simple to do it yourself if you have time. My father in law did ours.
            Do you have the name of the software?

Comment

I couldn't find anything that was simple to do it yourself. there is a guy in north Houston that is great at it - I have a thread on here about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                I couldn't find anything that was simple to do it yourself. there is a guy in north Houston that is great at it - I have a thread on here about it.
                Can you post a link or a good search term? I'd like to do this too and I'm in N. Houston area too...

Comment

I would also be interested in getting my 20 years of old hunting tapes into a digital set up so I can watch them again.

Comment

I dont know about Keller but I had some 8mm converted to DVDs in Tyler at DVD Memories. They also did flash drives.

Comment

here’s a thing that will put old vcr tapes to digital if you still have a vcr that works lol

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                        https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Movie...dDbGljaz10cnVl

i got one of these and did all our old movies works good but does take awhile
                        getting them done is pretty darn expensive!

Thanks for the information mudkat.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                          https://www.heartlandamerica.com/ion...rd-bundle.html

here’s a thing that will put old vcr tapes to digital if you still have a vcr that works lol

Thanks for the information mudkat.

Comment

Walgreens used to do it

Comment

Working...
                            X