Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Check this big guy out.
    Glad to see there's a few men left on this forum. Awesome snake.. thanks for posting

Comment

Baby Hognose

[ATTACH]1067359[/ATTACH]

Here’s a baby hognose I found a few years ago on a dirt job we were working on, it was about 8” long.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        [ATTACH]1067359[/ATTACH]

Here’s a baby hognose I found a few years ago on a dirt job we were working on, it was about 8” long.
        Whoa! Now that's a pretty snake. Never have seen one quite that colorful.

Kinda looks like a Pygmy Rattlesnake at first glance with that coloration.

Comment

Yep, pretty little snake. Found 3-4 within a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
            [ATTACH]1067359[/ATTACH]

What a cool looking snake, beautiful pattern and colors.

Comment

I think one thing that has always amazed me about snakes is how something was created with such detail and vibrant colors in some instances. It's pretty amazing if you look at it that way. They're a work of art if you really think about it.

That's one guys opinion of course but I think so. I don't think they're something made up of evil. Nothin that took that much time to make perfect could be I don't think.
              Last edited by okrattler; 10-22-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Every time I see a bigger one like that they’ve lost most of their color. See a bunch of them in Franklin TX where I work. I literally gave one a drink of water awhile back sitting there hissing at me and I poured some water down his throat and he just drank it haha. Recorded it but Not sure how to post a video on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
                  Every time I see a bigger one like that they’ve lost most of their color. See a bunch of them in Franklin TX where I work. I literally gave one a drink of water awhile back sitting there hissing at me and I poured some water down his throat and he just drank it haha. Recorded it but Not sure how to post a video on here

They are less colorful as they get older but they get a little more color right after they shed. That one I found ain't far off from shedding its skin. I'd say within the next few weeks or so it'll have shed its skin.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    They are less colorful as they get older but they get a little more color right after they shed. That one I found ain't far off from shedding its skin. I'd say within the next few weeks or so it'll have shed its skin.

Cool

Comment

Lol can’t load the video but here’s a screen shot

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post

Lol can’t load the video but here’s a screen shot

LOL Oh man that's good stuff. Gave him a little drink.

Comment

Dang that boy is thick, he might have over done it.

Comment

Working...
                          X