Garage door opener question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door opener question.

I have a Liftmaster garage door opener. It’s almost 25 years old. About 2 months ago, the car clicker would no longer close the door, except on occasion. (First thing I did was replace batteries in both car clickers) Now it’s quit opening it altogether. Anybody know if there are sensors that are replaceable on the openers?

Circuit broad goin out, time for new one

Comment

Hit Sears, you may find a great deal

Comment

That happened to me. I thought it was the door opener. Turned out it was a week spring so the opener would try and open but with little help from the spring it was too heavy and it would stop sensing too much resistance. New springs and no problems.

Comment

If you unhook the door from the opener does it easily raise and lower by hand? Will the opener work on its own when disconnected from the door? It could be a simple force adjustment on the opener or may be time for a new one. 25 years is a pretty good run.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post
            If you unhook the door from the opener does it easily raise and lower by hand? Will the opener work on its own when disconnected from the door? It could be a simple force adjustment on the opener or may be time for a new one. 25 years is a pretty good run.
            There is a button inside the garage by the door. The opener works 100 percent of the time when I use that button. It is just a switch inline that activates the garage door. The ONLY time I have issues is when I use the clicker openers that are in our vehicles. Seems like it’s not receiving the signal from the clickers.

Comment

Honestly its probably not worth the headache with a 25 year old opener. Buy a new one and you'll be glad you did, itll be a heck of a lot quieter. Helped my dad install a new Ryobi at his house and he loves it. Can open it, close it, lock it, and check on it anywhere in the world. Same thing for the new Chamberlain opener I installed at a friends house last month. The belt driven openers are fantastic

Comment

Start from scratch and go thru the program sequence with your vehicle buttons. Just to eliminate that possibility.

Comment

I have the same thing with both of our openers. With my wife’s it works great from her car one but the remote has to be close to the door. Mine you have to be about 6” away from the motor. From what I’ve been reads it’s the circuit board

Comment

I have older lift master openers that occasionally I have to reset the dip switches in the clickers.

Comment

Working...
                    X