Testing soil pH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing soil pH

I am looking to plant some oak trees along a tank berm but want to test the pH of the soil beforehand. Seen people here recommend using Texas A&M, one person I asked said most companies outsource to them anyways. Any body have any experiences using them, or even the handheld electronic pH testers?

Property is in Gillespie county. Picture below is from 2018 and shows the different soils, hogs rooted the trees up in the picture (which came from a TBHer). I there going to be a big difference in the white and brown soils?

Attached Files

Just send to a&m. But if oaks are growing there, is m sure planted will also

JMHO- it’s never a good idea to plant trees or have trees on a dam (if that’s what it is). The roots will compromise it greatly and if one dies will cause weak spots and possibly leaks from root path

Comment

Trees are nice around a tank but something to consider what you have there now you can keep the grass cut with a tractor very easily. As stated above the roots from the trees could eventually cause problems over time.

Comment

Working...
      X