Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
    I’m in for a 20” 7mm-08 Proof barrel. I’m wanting short to run with a can. I’ll call and get on the list to see if we can get 5 barrels.
    I'm in for a 20" 7mm-08 Proof barrel also.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      I'm in for a 20" 7mm-08 Proof barrel also.
      Just need 3 more

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
        What are you guys calling the bottom photo when ordering. Is it the Mesa Vertical Pattern?

Also I want a little sage green added to it.
        Please call the shop. Garret probably has a name for it now, since several were ordered today.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
          will the
          'one off's" slow the rest down?
          Shouldn't cause any slow down. We'll either have enough to add to the order, or we won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            Just need 3 more
            I’m sure considering a 20” 7-08........decisions, decisions!

Comment

I'm in for a 20" 7-08

Comment

Please call the shop. Garret probably has a name for it now, since several were ordered today.

I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of that pattern!

Comment

I’m still wanting to see a good pic of these most desired stock color patterns that you guys speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of that pattern!
                    Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                    I’m still wanting to see a good pic of these most desired stock color patterns that you guys speak of.
                    This is the one we are talking about.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I may have missed the discussion earlier, but what are the advantages and disadvantages to going 20” on the 7-08 barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
                        I may have missed the discussion earlier, but what are the advantages and disadvantages to going 20” on the 7-08 barrel?
                        Interested in this as well. I ordered a 22” bbl in 7-08 assuming I’d end up with a 24” in the event Proof couldn’t deliver a length not listed on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          This is the one we are talking about.
                          So, that’s the carbon desert night pattern?
                          Is it being offered with a touch of green added?

Comment

Update time!

First.....you guys have been keeping my front help busy today Talked to Proof, and they said to expect barrels around the first of April. So it looks like the switch is not impacting the schedule too badly. For the one-offs like the 20" 7mm mentioned in an earlier thread, they'll do them with a minimum quantity of 5. So if enough folks want a length not listed on their site, it can be done.
                            Are you expecting the rifles will be finished in April? Teir 1 and 2?

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
                              Primary advantage is that if you decide to run it suppressed you still have a short handy rifle. Without a suppressor it is definitely handy. The 7mm-08 is one of those cartridges that doesn't give up a lot of velocity when you shorthen the barrel, I've seen tests that show only 17 - 25 fps loss per inch, even down to 18". So going down to 20" vs 24" you're only going to give up around 100fps.
                              Last edited by Phillip Fields; 01-30-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

What barrel length and twist are the 28 Nosler people going with? I don't reload so expecting bullet weight will be between 160-175gr. Thinking 26" with 1:9 right now

Comment

Working...
                                X