Red Road hunting club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Road hunting club

So me and my son were out in the Sam Houston yesterday. We were walking and came to some really cleared out areas. No posted signs anywhere. So we decided to walk the road. Then we come to a gate near red rd that says "Red Road hunting club, No Trespassing.

Shouldn't they have some kind of signage along the boundaries to indicate the private areas? I mean, we were on the forest service road then all of a sudden we are on private property but didn't even know it.

Does any else know about this hunting club near Shepard?

Anyone?

Comment

They dont have to but would be smart to put up a fence

It's our responsibility to stay on public land though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        They dont have to but would be smart to put up a fence

It's our responsibility to stay on public land though.

I agree about being our responsibility. But that's like saying its our responsibility to drive the speed limit but there aren't any speed limit signs posted.

It's kinda hard to know exactly where one is when walking in the forest in relation to a private area. Albeit, it was a nicely groomed spot. So at least I know where I am to avoid.

Comment

I know a family that lives on Oak Fork road. I will ask. is it before the sign and what side of Red road?

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
            I know a family that lives on Oak Fork road. I will ask. is it before the sign and what side of Red road?
            It would be on the west side of Red road.

We didn't even realize we were walking on private property until we came upon the sign which is on the gate. There aren't any posted signs anywhere. I even kept mentioning to my son that this has to be national forest with the lack of signs anywhere.

Comment

Onx. It will tell you where the boundary is.

Comment

They should at the least have purple paint on the trees at the property line.

Comment

Over the years you would think others have done the same thing. That would normally trigger a club to place signage.

Comment

We hunt on another wma near a private area and it is clearly marked private property or posted.

One thing is possible I guess. Not sure if it’s under new ownership. Just wasn’t sure if anyone else knew about this place.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      Onx. It will tell you where the boundary is.
                      Yup, well worth it to keep you out of trouble

Comment

There are a couple of them down Red Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X