Letting one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
    I don't have the full score sheet, but here are some stats.

Gross score 202 4/8
    36 4/8 abnormal points
    24 4/8 inside spread
    Incredible deer and I thought the number would be even higher.

I hope your buddy knows that he owes you a steak dinner or ten!

Comment

I’m glad he was got, but sorry it wasn’t by the person who shared him with these many months.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

I don't have the full score sheet, but here are some stats.

Gross score 202 4/8
          36 4/8 abnormal points
          24 4/8 inside spread
          I thought he was over 200" but when it gets that high and crazy, it is anyone's guess. Congrats to you all for growing him and to your buddy for shooting him.

Comment

Cool lookin critter Ag. Congrats to your Buddy. Great back story.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Wow, what a tremendous buck. Congratulations to all of you. Growing a deer of that magnitude is always a group effort. Can’t wait to see better pics!

Comment

Outstanding! Super happy for the lucky hunter, but gotta admit, wishing it'd been you. Regardless, I'm sure your leadership will result in many more top quality bucks reaching potential, and not just on your lease. I would expect your buddy to be highly appreciative of your restraint last season.

Like everyone else, I anxiously await LDPs. Photo of teeth would also be cool.

Comment

Just a fantastic buck! Restraint is a little easier when you can see what the potential is
                    with a thread like this one. Thank you for bringing us along and congratulations to the hunter. I'd love to read the story of the hunt!

Todd

Comment

No idea how I just found this thread. Congrats on a great buck. As others have said wish it would have been you. Ironically, I have very similar thread going about a very similar type buck but unfortunately my deer has gone the other way in this, his 5th year. Hopefully he will come back like yours next year. Once again thanks for taking us along.

Comment

I had my buddy video when they walked up on the buck. It was pure gold. and pure excitement.

It definitely will not hurt our cause, especially with a couple members who still have itchy trigger fingers.
                        The TPWD biologist and the Taxidermist both said 5.5, which I can believe

We have another one that we are planning to watch grow now with a nice drop.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is my target for this year now

And these two (below) are the ones we are watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my buddy video when they walked up on the buck. It was pure gold. and pure excitement.

It definitely will not hurt our cause, especially with a couple members who still have itchy trigger fingers.
                            The TPWD biologist and the Taxidermist both said 5.5, which I can believe

We have another one that we are planning to watch grow now with a nice drop.
                            Outstanding. Simply outstanding!

Comment

Congrats again to you and your lease members!

The deer you are targeting now is a stud and the ones that you are letting grow are out of this world. You guys are definitely over the hump and headed the right direction! Best of luck to you guys in the future!!

Comment

I got a chance at “plan B” last week. He had moved to a buddy’s stand and he told me to come shoot him. He ended up scoring 151”
                                And weighed 182# on the hoof

Oh and this guy showed up last week. Him and a spike made a short appearance Monday evening. Landowners said they are off limits for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X