No announcement yet.

Appraisal cost for 80 acres, Gillespie county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many unknown variables to be able to tell if the quote is high or low. However, at first glance, 80 acres in Gillespie County, I would have guessed closer to $2,500.

Comment

I just had two done. $400 each.

Comment

Appraiser is coming out of new Braunfels so op is paying for a lot of windshield time and he is paying for an Aggie education so that is worth a premium.

Surprisingly if it had a full blown SFR residence on it cost would be less as data is easier to come by and does not require near the legwork.

I stand by my original statement that the value is on the high side of reasonable could they have got it cheaper sure

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          Appraiser is coming out of new Braunfels so op is paying for a lot of windshield time and he is paying for an Aggie education so that is worth a premium.

Surprisingly if it had a full blown SFR residence on it cost would be less as data is easier to come by and does not require near the legwork.

I stand by my original statement that the value is on the high side of reasonable could they have got it cheaper sure

Thx Austin, you’ve been a big help throughout this process [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take out a heloc with a bank that offers no upfront cost and let them do the work. Pay it out the next day

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post

I know when I got my house appraised it about only about 450 bucks Land is that much more??? I can see a survey costing that much for sure.
              A house appraisal most of the time is just a cheap drive by for pics, throw up a couple comps from the hundreds available locally, and throw a price on it. Can be done in an hour.

Real farm and ranch appraisals are a different animal all together.

I worked in a farm and ranch appraisal office for a while and we did a few houses just for friends etc. Way different process (or should be).

Comment

If you are paying more than $400-$500 for a land appraisal, you are being scammed. Period.

Comment

Mine was $550 for property and unbuilt house.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Ga Hunter View Post
                    If you are paying more than $400-$500 for a land appraisal, you are being scammed. Period.
                    Absolutely false. Even though the property isn't huge, there can be significant differences in value within the property. Water, elevation changes, improved grasses, views, easements, ingress/egress, flood plain etc. I would much rather pay for someone to do a solid job and would be willing to pay for thoroughness. Individual acres within the property may be valued at $12,000 while others are at $4000.

Comment

Got my 20ac place with a small house/cabin in Rocksprings off of Hwy 41 for appraised 1K. Some other yo-yo appraiser wanted 2K. Told him to go pound sand!

Comment

“A house appraisal most of the time is just a cheap drive by for pics, throw up a couple comps from the hundreds available locally, and throw a price on it. Can be done in an hour.”

Also, absolutely false. The lack of general knowledge about “house appraisals”, by people who are supposed to have experience, is astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                          “A house appraisal most of the time is just a cheap drive by for pics, throw up a couple comps from the hundreds available locally, and throw a price on it. Can be done in an hour.”

Also, absolutely false. The lack of general knowledge about “house appraisals”, by people who are supposed to have experience, is astounding.
                          Haha. Seen hundreds of them done. Dont try to BS folks on here. Very few have any interior pics at all.

Comment

appraisal on 35 acres last spring, North Texas ... about $550.

Comment

Working...
                            X