Looking at a slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a slider

I’ve had a spot Hogg 5 pin sight and although I like it, the pins are kind of a pain to fine tune for me.
    I’ve been debating going to a single pin slider.

Eyes are getting older and I think going simple w a single pin will help.

Looking for opinions and suggestions.
    Any lone gone from fixed to slider and how’d you like it?

Recommendations on a sight?
    Left handed.

I changed to single pin side. I have the apex covert pro and I really like it but since it does have a lens in it, i do get a glare some times depending on sun/shadow situation. I almost went with with the HHA sport but just got a better price on the apex

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
      I changed to single pin side. I have the apex covert pro and I really like it but since it does have a lens in it, i do get a glare some times depending on sun/shadow situation. I almost went with with the HHA sport but just got a better price on the apex

Does a lens help with cruddy vision?
      Eye dr was talking bifocals
      I’m not happy

Comment

I use a 3 pin slide. Set top 2 fro 20 and 30 and use the bottom pin as a slider - they all move though when sliding. It is a CBE.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
          I’ve had a spot Hogg 5 pin sight and although I like it, the pins are kind of a pain to fine tune for me.
          I’ve been debating going to a single pin slider.

Eyes are getting older and I think going simple w a single pin will help.

Looking for opinions and suggestions.
          Any lone gone from fixed to slider and how’d you like it?

Recommendations on a sight?
          Left handed.
          I just bought the HHA 5000. Metal gears and micro adjust with an amazingly simple set up and sighting in. About 217.00

Comment

I've looked at a couple of slider pin setups. My question is what do you do when your stalking? Say your elk or pig hunting, not in a blind, is the slider setup more advantageous than a fixed pin sight?

In a blind, I can see that a slide would be a perfect setup. School me on this

Comment

I don’t stalk much, if any
              Mostly ground blind, so it fits for my style.

I could see a 2 -3 pin slider working pretty well for stalking tho. But, I mean, you gotta judge distance and pick a pin...what the difference w a slider? You do a fast adjust and shoot. Doesn’t seem to different.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                Does a lens help with cruddy vision?
                Eye dr was talking bifocals
                I’m not happy
                from the factory no. But you can buy a 2x power lens that mounted on the sight to help you. Like a 2x power scope

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  I've looked at a couple of slider pin setups. My question is what do you do when your stalking? Say your elk or pig hunting, not in a blind, is the slider setup more advantageous than a fixed pin sight?

Personally I don't do much spoyt and stalk but adjustingvyhe pin is quick and easy. It even stays in place without having to tighen it down.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post

I set mine at the middle of the range where the shots will most likely occur. When we're setup in the timber trying to call in elk, most of the time (where I've set up anyways) shots will be 15-30ish yards before the timber gets too thick. I might set it it at 24 yards and just aim accordingly from there. Sometimes you can't shoot more than 20 yards so moving it is a non-issue.

When you're stalking, you'll be using a range finder most likely, and it literally takes 2 seconds to adjust a slider up or down. I don't think you can beat the clear sight picture of a single pin, especially at the edge of darkness when pig shots are likely to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                      I set mine at the middle of the range where the shots will most likely occur. When we're setup in the timber trying to call in elk, most of the time (where I've set up anyways) shots will be 15-30ish yards before the timber gets too thick. I might set it it at 24 yards and just aim accordingly from there. Sometimes you can't shoot more than 20 yards so moving it is a non-issue.

When you're stalking, you'll be using a range finder most likely, and it literally takes 2 seconds to adjust a slider up or down. I don't think you can beat the clear sight picture of a single pin, especially at the edge of darkness when pig shots are likely to occur.
                      Agreed on all accounts. I switched about 5 years ago and love it.

I use a MBG Accent Ambush

Comment

I recently bought the NE Fast Eddie 2-pin. Having trouble getting it sighted in though as I don't have 60yds to shoot like they recommend for picking the correct tape. Trying to see if I can make 40yds work...

Comment

CBE single pin is what I put on a few weeks ago. I really like shooting it compared to my 5 pin Spott Hogg. Improved my groups almost instantly. Havent used it in the field yet though, so I cant speak to ease of use in a hunting situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

IMO, I like a 3-5 pin fixed. No adjustments. The KISS principle. If the pins are fuzzy- A Specialty Archery Products Verifier will clear the pins.

Comment

Fast Eddie is tough to beat. If vision is an issue get the larger pin.

Comment

Working...
                              X