18 or 20” rims ? ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 or 20” rims ? ???

My 2019 F250 came with 18” rims. I have an opportunity to get 20” rims. What are the pros and cons of either.

If this has been discussed please post link and I will read from there.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go w the 20s they look better? More rotating weight of course. Bigger is better. The American dream. Mine came stock w 20s lariat ultimate pkg.

Comment

It’s all mostly preference.

How big of tires are you doing?

Comment

18 or 20” rims ? ???

Man, go against the grain and stick with the 18s! Everybody runs 20+ these days. Plus tires for 18s are cheaper, and i think they ride better! I’ve got 37s on my stock 18s on 2017 Superduty. I love it!!
        Last edited by Acameron52; 06-05-2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          Man, go against the grain and stick with the 18s! Everybody runs 20+ these days. Plus tires for 18s are cheaper, and i think they ride better! I’ve got 37s on my stock 18s on 2017 Superduty. I love it!!
          I really like 18’s as I have a little more sidewall if I really need to air down, really wished I still had some 235/85/16’s on my trucks

Comment

I personally like the look of more rubber and less rim

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post

That looks great. What size are your tires. Did you lift or level for the 37’s?

Maybe that’s what I will do.

Thanks.

Comment

I like the 18s as well. Just bought a ‘20 with the Tremor package with 18s and it rides great.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                  That looks great. What size are your tires. Did you lift or level for the 37’s?

Maybe that’s what I will do.

Thanks.

It’s an Icon Stage One 2.5 inch level with 37/12.5/18 Toyo RTs.

Comment

I had 20s on my 2018 f250. I prefer the 18s on my 2020 f350.

Comment

I have 18's on my 2011 and everyone seems to like it better. Lots of folks have 20's and the all look the same. Plus agree with before statement 18's are cheaper.

Comment

18's have more sidewall therefore a little more give. Makes for a slightly smoother ride.

Comment

I prefer the 18’s for the same reason as others have stated. More rubber, less rim. I have a brand new set of 20” Fuel wheels still in the box for my F250 that I never put on the truck. I just liked the stock 18’s and kept them after adding some 35” muds.

Comment

Dubs, son. That's all I gotta say.

Comment

18s for all the reasons stated above

Comment

Working...
                              X