TBH Traditional Rabbit, Varmint, Squirrel Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Traditional Rabbit, Varmint, Squirrel Hunt

I don't have any Javalina, and I know I am a long ways from you South and Central Texas Guys, but if you are interested in a get together, and chase rabbits, varmints, squirrel, and maybe an occasional hog, I would love to have you. I have 1200 acres in Red River County between Paris and Clarksville, 2 hours N.E. of Dallas. I have a cabin that will sleep 20-25 people. Gas cookstove and heaters, charcoal grills, smoker, and a big fire ring outside. I have a hog hunting operation (Coyote Creek Ranch) that joins this, that is 150 acres high fenced, where I would donate a couple hogs for BBQ if someone wanted to shoot them. NO CHARGE on the hunt if people will just bring food and drinks for meals. If yall are interested in doing this sometime in January or February, just let me know, and someone start planning it. Doesn't mater to me if it is 1 day or 5 days, just plan on having a good time. Donnie Hays 903-249-4850
    Attached Files

Man, that sounds awesome!!!! I just can't do it on Jan 22

I have a cousin and an uncle living over near Deport. I might really need to go visit them.......

Comment

wow.. sign me up...

Comment

That sounds like a blast.

Comment

Donnie, sounds like it would be a great time. I bet you end up with a group during that timeframe. Your a long ways from me, but it is not out of the question. Offers like that are very generous. I think more people could do this for our Trad group more often and get everyone together. I have a little bit of land that I plan to get a smaller group together myself someday.

Comment

Put me on the list. Sounds like fun.

Comment

shoot son count me in thats just down the road from me i just need to know when so i can make sure i dont work!

Comment

Im in... firm up the date and ill break out the stick and string...

Comment

It is 6 hours from me, but then again...I drove twice that far to hunt with losthawg and the guys on their rabbit hunt.

Jan is out for me, I have a hunt planned for every weekend, don't change the date for me...but if it were in Feb I might could make it.

In any case it is a very nice offer and I am sure it would be a good time.

Comment

Sweet offer, I would love this mark a spot for me

Comment

How would Feb. 20, 21, 22 work? Squirrel season would be over here, but we would still have rabbit, raccoon, coyote, bobcat, hogs, opossum, armadillo. etc.

Comment

Put me on the list as well, make that two spots I will bring that recurve shooting cross eyed buddy of mine from Oklahoma...

Comment

Originally posted by dhays View Post
                          I have a hog hunting operation (Coyote Creek Ranch) that joins this, that is 150 acres high fenced, where I would donate a couple hogs for BBQ if someone wanted to shoot them.
                          Sounds like a great idea to me. If this happens you might have to draw straw or something to pick who gets to shoot them. I bet all of us would like the opportunity. Keep us posted on how this comes together.

See ya later,

Bisch

Comment

I'm sure we can come up with some kind of archery shooting contest to decide who gets to shoot the hogs. Or we could play cards or pitch washers for it.

Comment

Sign me up! I just bought my first trad bow this year and haven't even hunted with it yet. If nothing else, this would be a good opportunity for me to meet some of you and maybe get some pointers!

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X