No announcement yet.

Rifle experts Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 300 Win mag is great for long range a lot of military platforms are being converted from 308. I personally trust the 308, calculations are tough at long range on it though.

Comment

7mm Remington Magnum will handle what you need to do.

Comment

still no response on what this guy is shooting at.

Comment

Need more specifics on what you plan on shooting with it and how long you consider long range.

Comment

Remington model 700 PSS chambered in .308 with a Shilen barrel and HS precision stock. 168gr Sierra hollow point boattails loaded in Federal Gold Medal Match Brass with 53gr of Varget powder!! That should get you started.

Comment

Looking at 1000yrds. Gilbert is that my old friend from years back???? Where have you been hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by Problem Child View Post
                Looking at 1000yrds. Gilbert is that my old friend from years back???? Where have you been hiding?
                Yep!, hows my girlfriend Debbie. Still in Baytown, same place you went to years ago.

GILBERT

Comment

Originally posted by Problem Child View Post

are you shooting paper or for blood ?

Comment

maybe squirrel then..

Comment

Weatherby Accumark 30-378 with custom Leupold Scope designed for specific load.

Comment

257roy

Comment

308 1:10",.30-06(why dont people recommend this one anymore?), 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag. boring? hmmm how about something odd. 7.62x54 maybe? 8mm mauser? can always go bigger!v theres something making a splash in the .408 range, but can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                            Snipers use a .308, a Remington .300 Ultra Mag is sweet, the .50 is long range!
                            As well as the 338 lapua... Take a look at the 6.5x.284 for an all around game rifle. Lots and lots of 1000 yd competitions are being won with this round. Felt recoil will be at a minimum as well...

Comment

6.5x284 is hard to beat.

Comment

338 lapua or a 30-378 weatherby mag

Comment

Working...
                                X