Antique value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antique value?

I need a general idea of what this is worth? It is not for sale. I inherited it. I believe it is more than 140 years old. Anybody on here with knowledge of this type of pricing.
    Attached Files

Would need more pictures to get a true estimate. The drawers, are they dove tailed or are they nailed? The back of it have any remodeled ? Nice piece of furniture

Comment

Dovetail drawers. 3/4" wood sides on the drawers. I was refinished in the late 50s or 60s. It went thru a Colorada River flood east of Austin in the 40s. I will get more pics tomorrow.

Comment

I will try again with the back, I could not get it to load.
        Attached Files

Comment

I will try again with the back, I could not get it to load.

Backside of the drawer lock and joint on the door

Comment

Anytime a piece of furniture has been wet or swollen due to humid conditions and refinishing can also hurt the value. In saying that it looks very nice.
            Factors include who made it ? And the actual time period built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right now antique furniture is a tough sell.
              Bought a few pieces at estate sales recently and pretty much had to give them away. You win some and lose some.

Comment

Antiques are not very popular now days. The younger generation does not want any "brown furniture" these days. Sad to see it but not surprised as they don't value something 150 years old. The new stuff is so cheap and light enough to pick up a couch with one hand.

Comment

All I have is family word of mouth, it should be pre 1890 and it has history behind.

Comment

Nice piece.

If you completely empty it and take out all the drawers, are you able to find any identification tags on the inside or outside? Sometimes metal plates or burned into the wood.?.?

J

Comment

Hold on to it. Antique values have hit rock bottom. No appreciation right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X