Had A Funeral Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had A Funeral Today

Ok I get it. Funerals are never pleasant. Emotions are running high and then………out comes Vince Gill “ Go Rest High On That Mountain”. What a beautiful song and message it is. But it should be banned at funerals. Just sayin.

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    Ok I get it. Funerals are never pleasant. Emotions are running high and then………out comes Vince Gill “ Go Rest High On That Mountain”. What a beautiful song and message it is. But it should be banned at funerals. Just sayin.
    Why?

Comment

That song played at my MIL’s funeral in November. I lost my composure.

Comment

yea thats a tough one..

Comment

Beautiful song.

Was played at my uncle’s funeral and makes my eyes itchy every time.

Comment

I would have to agree

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a dry eye after hearing that at a funeral then you have no soul

Comment

Can’t think of a funeral I’ve been too in years that it wasn’t played. That one and Brad Paisley/Dolly Parton’s ‘When I get where I’m going’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave a funeral talk for an aunt that had passed away.I was already wound up and as I walked in that song was playing needless to say we were a few minutes delayed in the service.

Comment

They played it at Moms funeral last week. I tried my best to veto it but mt stepdad wasn't budging.

Comment

Weeks ago at my father's funeral we played one song. Thank you Vince Gill for such a perfect tribute song for many folks. OP, so sorry for your restaurant family's loss. Prayers of comfort sent again, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Why?
                        You have to ask why? Does ice run through your veins?

Comment

That's definitely a tough one. The one I've never been able to get through is TAPS at a military funeral.

Comment

I played this song at my grandfathers funeral right after the song was released. Most people hadn’t heard it at the time. It sure got me.

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                              That's definitely a tough one. The one I've never been able to get through is TAPS at a military funeral.
                              Oh Lord you are so right.

Comment

Working...
                              X