Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Nice!!!

Trying to figure out a way not to get hounded, but what length and action is your rod?

Been thinking about getting the wife one of those Carbon Mags.

6’6” medium with a extra fast tip. That’s what she said. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Took the wife to the ditch and caught trout and she fed the dolphins. Most were undersize but none survived. Probably fed them 25 or so when she got tired of feeding them headed home. Water is cold and blown out
      I don't follow. She fed the trout to the dolphins on purpose?

Comment

Dang that is a nice setup. I would love that rod with the orange for the Concept SLD I just picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          I don't follow. She fed the trout to the dolphins on purpose?
          You don't really have an option. They will stay right with you and anything you release gets eaten.

Comment

That's a pretty fine gaftop rig Mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              You don't really have an option. They will stay right with you and anything you release gets eaten.
              lol yep, we've tried faking one side and launching the fish as far as we could throw them and they still catch on and get them. Only option is to move spots or break out the 50 cal.

Comment

You just think you would hear about an accidental hookup with a porpoise from time to time, but in all my years on the water I know of zero people.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Dang that is a nice setup. I would love that rod with the orange for the Concept SLD I just picked up.

I was going to do the concept Z2, but decided otherwise. If I ended up not liking the lews I might go back that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    You just think you would hear about an accidental hookup with a porpoise from time to time, but in all my years on the water I know of zero people.
                    We had one wihile fishing under lights off a barge out of Mansfield. Didn't last but a couple of seconds and the drag sounded like a police siren.

Comment

I had a customer hook one a few years ago. We were fishing a marsh drain on a really hard pumping, 20-30 mph north wind day. When I say the water was muddy you could have tracked a coon in it. There was a group of dolphins really working that drain where it emptied into the ICW. I pulled in there and set them up fishing cut mullet on bottom just letting it drift out of the drain with the current and there were a bunch of redfish stacked in the iCW eating whatever was washing out of there. I am sure the dolphins were probably eating the reds. We caught several reds and all of a sudden one of the guys hooks up and that spinning reel screamed like I have never heard a spinning reel scream. The reel had about 150 yards of 30# braid on it and that dolphin emptied the reel in a few seconds. It absolutely smoked that reel's drag. I knew immediately what he had hooked and I got to him and grabbed the reel spool and broke the dolphin off with about 10 yards of line left. And I mean this all happened in a very few seconds. The dolphin then started jumping real high over and over and slamming down on it's side. There was a whole group of dolphins working the ICW around that drain and when the one he hooked started doing all that jumping and thrashing they all took off with it and headed on down the ICW. I think the only reason he hooked that sucker was the water was just so muddy the dolphin couldn't see the hook.

Comment

My youngest son buried a jig hook (fishing a DSL) in one's dorsal a few summers back. Man that thing erupted and tailwalked like a marlin. It was smoking his baitcaster. Lucky for my son the hook pulled free before he was spooled.

Comment

My dad was pulling a fish in this last summer and had it taken by a dolphin, bent the pole and snapped the line before we knew what happened.

As far as I could tell they were smart enough not to eat a fish while we were reeling it in (the exception above was that it was a ladyfish and my dad had it partially out of the water but not in the boat so it wouldn't make a mess and when he bent down to get some pliers it was in the water enough for them to think we were tossing it back) They also seemed to completely ignore catfish that we tossed back.

Comment

Yep. I have an area I fish where every trout caught gets killed. Either you throw it in box or dolphins eat it. There is no way around it. They are beside the boat when you catch a fish. I guess they feel the head shake. Wife just likes to hand them to the dolphins. They will take them out of your hand. Tried throwing them- different sides of boat- up by shoreline- they eat them all. Just gave up and hand them over now

Comment

Somebody needs to tell them dolphins they can only have three trout now, then they have to start eating reds.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                Yep time for this thread to start gaining more steam.
                                We finally got out after hunting season came to a wrap but didn't have time to fish.

hey that's a nice spare tire!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X