Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Axis Deer/Exotics…best Protein feeder choice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
    I hear that you can unbolt a Lamco from its base if need be to move easier?
    Jeremy, we transport ours upside down with the trough in the air and strap down good. For a timed protein feeder, I don’t think there is anything you will find better than Lamco.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
      if you are only getting one I think you can put it upside down in your truck and it will work. I would go Lamco all day long!!! Lamco's are galvanized HB's are just plain steel and will rust out. I have 16 lamcos and they are all awesome!!!
      Originally posted by STGS View Post
      If you go with the Lamco, just haul it upside down. Strap it down good and just "roll" it back out onto the the ground. Pretty easy to load with 2 guys as well.
      Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      Jeremy, we transport ours upside down with the trough in the air and strap down good. For a timed protein feeder, I don’t think there is anything you will find better than Lamco.
      I appreciate the help and this is what I needed to know. It is one of my biggest hang ups with the Lamco was hauling it.

Comment

We use the ASF and love it. I like that it is protected from rain whenever we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
          We use the ASF and love it. I like that it is protected from rain whenever we get it.
          It works good around Axis????

Comment

Can anybody tell me how many bags a Lamco 800 will hold. Somebody told me if you fill it up it can hold 900lbs?

Comment

Can anybody tell me how many bags a Lamco 800 will hold. Somebody told me if you fill it up it can hold 900lbs?
              Depends on pellet size as it does fluctuate between brands, but we’ve gotten 850 lbs (17 bags) in ours before.

Comment

Most feeders when they say 500, 800, 1000 pounds etc. are referring to how much corn it will hold. Different size feeds will vary some.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Nothing wrong at all.
                  If you need to get rid of doe, I might know a guy with two young boys that can help with that, lol!

Comment

I hear that you can unbolt a Lamco from its base if need be to move easier?

Yes you can! I have moved a bunch that way. You can also turn them upside down if the base is too wide for your trailer. I’ve don’t that several times also.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Yes you can! I have moved a bunch that way. You can also turn them upside down if the base is too wide for your trailer. I’ve don’t that several times also.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      All of this info has me leaning hard on the Lamco. I really appreciate all of the information.

Comment

Haven’t had any problems with ASFs. Lamcos are well made but a pain to move and have rain issues as mentioned.

The newer ASFs that have the button access (vs. wingnuts) and universal timer vs. the old style are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                          Haven’t had any problems with ASFs. Lamcos are well made but a pain to move and have rain issues as mentioned.

The newer ASFs that have the button access (vs. wingnuts) and universal timer vs. the old style are better.

New Lamco’s don’t have wing nuts anymore. ASF are nice but they are not in the same league as the Lamco trough feeder. I had the ASF and sold it after buying the Lamco
                          When 20 Axis can feed at an ASF at the same time then I will buy another one.

They can’t though.

Comment

I like the Lamco as well!

Comment

Working...
                            X