Opinions on Shallow Sport 24 Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    If I were you, I'd book Capt. Glenn for a day's fishin' and go ride in HIS boat!! Best riding bay boat I've ever fished out of... And in a year or two, it'll be for sale probably 'cause he'll be gettin' another one!!
    What boat is Capt. Glenn running?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      What boat is Capt. Glenn running?
      Here you go, from his web site...
      This is the description of the custom Haynie 25' Magnum boat used by Glenn's Guide Service to take people fishing.

25' Haynie with a big ol' honkin' Merc!!

Comment

I can only dream.

Comment

If you want to go shallow and stay out of any open water on rough days, I would say go for it.

Comment

Fantastic boat, I’ve owned an e-tech as well and besides a fuel pump (warranty) going out, it was great as well. Sure, it’s a shallow water boat so you can expect much in the open bay. If the price is right go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
              Buddy had a 21’ shallow sport.

Would run in incredibly skinny water but rode like a piece of plywood. Took it from Bird Island to Baffin one day and swore my kidneys bled.

I don’t saltwater fish much anymore but ever found a situation where I had to run super shallow, a boat with a little bit deeper V like a Blaser bay or a pathfinder will be much more comfortable and still get you anywhere you need to go.
              Ha I came out of Baffin in a blazer bay one day and lost both kidneys and 5 discs. Did same thing in 21 champion. I just decided some bays you just need to run shoreline.

24 shallow sport can be rough but the width and length even it out a bunch.

I forget what year they changed to composite sandwich structure, but you can call In the vin and they can tell you if it’s composite deck.

Comment

I had those same exact tabs on my RFL. They worked fine... BUT there's no way they'd cut it on my Shoalwater. No doubt on that cat they need to be electric.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Mexico; 06-06-2022, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X