Killing Bahia Grass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing Bahia Grass?

What’s the best herbicide to kill this stuff?
    Also on the hit list is bull nettle, black berry vine and green briar.

So metsulfuron chemical is what you need for the bahia. Its a water soluble grannule.

Mix about .5oz to the Acre and you wont have to worry about it.

Trade or brand names. MSM 60, ally, chapparal, cimmarron etc.

Then you will need Grazon P+D or similiar to kill the nettle, and blackberry vines. The green briar is just tough to kill... But grazon will kill it.

Also use surfactant especially on the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      So metsulfuron chemical is what you need for the bahia. Its a water soluble grannule.

Mix about .5oz to the Acre and you wont have to worry about it.

Trade or brand names. MSM 60, ally, chapparal, cimmarron etc.

Then you will need Grazon P+D or similiar to kill the nettle, and blackberry vines. The green briar is just tough to kill... But grazon will kill it.

Also use surfactant especially on the weeds.
      On the bahia, it works better if you can get a rain a few days after you apply herbicide.

Comment

41% Glysophosphate at 3oz/gallon along with 3 oz/gallon of Garlon 4 kills everything. It will make the ground look like bare concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          41% Glysophosphate at 3oz/gallon along with 3 oz/gallon of Garlon 4 kills everything. It will make the ground look like bare concrete.
          Thanks. I only have a few spots where it came up. Then I have a few bull nettles that came up too. I sprayed for them a few years back but don’t remember what I used. I believe the berry vines I sprayed, I had to come back and treat them again before finally dying off.

Comment

Cimmaron Plus . Coop in Bryan sells it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              On the bahia, it works better if you can get a rain a few days after you apply herbicide.
              I have also found it works better if you mow it first. Then give it about a week then spray it. We usually spray after we cut hay. By the time we get hay picked up its time to spray. I haven't had very good luck spraying tall Bahia.

Comment

I have had good success with Topshot:

Martin's TopShot Weed Killer is an easy-to-use, liquid MSM herbicide that effectively manages common invasive weeds on residential lawns.

Comment

Working...
                X