No announcement yet.

Keto 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KETO diet is NOT a lifestyle..it is only temporary. Your body NEEDS carbs to help with some brain function...but choose those carbs wisely. Pasta, breads, rice and sugars should be avoided. The lifestyle change when you stop restricting carbs (less than about 100/day) should include keeping these items out of you diet as much as possible.

When I am doing strict KETO - carbs under 25/day and calories under 1600 per day make the pounds fall off. You need about 3 servings of vegies per proteins (meat). EAT THOSE Veggies

Comment

I dunno, I been doing the Keto lifestyle last 6 years. I don't eat veggies. I'm 64 and doing just fine.

My body may revolt when I am old, but what the hell...cross that bridge when I get there

Comment

I’ve been on it about 2 months. Lost 25 lbs. I don’t miss carbs. I go to the grocery store for lunch instead of a restaurant. I’ve saved a bunch of money too! For dinner I do a meat and a veggie.

Comment

I'm in. Started Monday and other than incidental carbs from salsa or fresh tomatoes I haven't had any yet.

I made 3lbs of steak fajita meat Sunday night that I've been eating for lunch and I've had a couple bags of pork rinds to satisfy my chip needs lol.

Mine might end up being a little more keto-vore , as I'm still lifting and would like to have the protein.

The one thing I would love right now is big, cold glass of milk. But water it is.

Comment

Down 20 to date...

Comment

Sunday I got off the bandwagon for one day. I had started testing my ketone levels after I had been doing keto so I wanted to see what it looked like when I wasnt eating low carb. Sure enough my ketones went down to existant ( I am just using urine strips) so I now know for sure that my ketone levels were elevated tremendously with the diet I have been on as I had been checking morning and evening and I consistantly had a high level of ketones until I ate carbs sunday. As of this morning I am starting to get ketone levels back up (just shows that cheat days take forever to get back into ketosis. ) Last time I weighed a week ago I was down to 221.

Comment

I missed check in on the 18th, but I did weigh. I was at 216, so I met my goal of 10lbs but just barely. In reality I know 10lbs per month is good, but man do. I sure wish I could double that. Really hoping to hit 199 by mid July.

Comment

Trash fad - just eat smart and workout - no matter how people like to twist and get around the foundation of healthy living and eating still can’t beat the basics.

Comment

It is absolutely not a trash fad diet. It works if you follow a Keto meal
                    Plan. My wife has been doing Leto for 1-1/2 years and she has no problem maintaining her goal weight and all of her labs look great at the doctor.

I eat Keto with her at dinner but not at lunch. As long as I don’t eat sugars I can easily maintain my weight and feel good. If I eat candy or ice cream with lots of sugar I feel like crap for 2-3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m a week in and went from 196 to 188. Cut out sugar completely, calories under 1650, net carbs under 35. Started getting up and 4:15 and spending an hr doing some stretching, mild calisthenics, and stationary bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        I've been living a low/no carb for about 7 years now. Lost 30# quickly and have stayed at 195 ever since. I just don't eat bread,taters, rice & other high carb items.

I do have my "cheat" days once or twice a month.

This right here.

Diabetes runs in my husband’s family; by age 40 all the male members of his family developed this disease. In order to avoid a similar fate, we began following a diabetic diet—almost exactly as you describe above. He immediately lost about 30 pounds, most all of it around the middle, and has managed to reach the age of 61 (he’s much older than I am) without suffering elevated blood sugar or insulin resistance.

All of this is to say that while I’m not particularly knowledgeable on the intricacies of the Keto or any other diet, what I DO know is that carbohydrates—specifically complex carbohydrates—play an important part in maintaining the health of a number of your body’s systems (for example, carbohydrates play a roll in helping maintain healthy doses of estrogen; and estrogen, as we know, converts to testosterone, so.. ) and should not be eliminated from your diet altogether. This is easy enough to do by consuming an adequate amount of whole grains and vegetables. And your colon will thank you.

Comment

We have been living a keto lifestyle for probably 3 years now. I haven't been on diabetes meds in 2 years, off of blood pressure meds, cholesterol great, and lost 36 lbs. Pretty much just maintain now and while still keto foods, not real strict. Wife made these danish today, 2 1/2 net carbs but 220 calories and they are great!
                          Strawberry danishes are a staple breakfast food item, with a sweet and fruity center! Our sugar free strawberry jam makes it the perfect combination of sweet fruit and pastry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	281500794_4900848766709446_3859106264354277385_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	24685464

Comment

Sounds like a lot of folks are doing great on keto. I have slacked a bit on the eating and have paid a bit for it but I am still feeling and doing good. With all the graduation type parties it has been a challenge to eat right.

Señor Bill big congrats to you and your wife. Sounds like you folks are doing great. Thank you for sharing the danish recipe. The danish look delicious, I will have to give them a go.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              This right here.

Diabetes runs in my husband’s family; by age 40 all the male members of his family developed this disease. In order to avoid a similar fate, we began following a diabetic diet—almost exactly as you describe above. He immediately lost about 30 pounds, most all of it around the middle, and has managed to reach the age of 61 (he’s much older than I am) without suffering elevated blood sugar or insulin resistance.

All of this is to say that while I’m not particularly knowledgeable on the intricacies of the Keto or any other diet, what I DO know is that carbohydrates—specifically complex carbohydrates—play an important part in maintaining the health of a number of your body’s systems (for example, carbohydrates play a roll in helping maintain healthy doses of estrogen; and estrogen, as we know, converts to testosterone, so.. ) and should not be eliminated from your diet altogether. This is easy enough to do by consuming an adequate amount of whole grains and vegetables. And your colon will thank you.
                              Guess I forgot to mention ... I don't eat veggies. Never have. Well, maybe celery & salad type "green" stuff. Mostly meat. I'm 64 and it has'nt adversly affected me yet.

I do eat alot of Mixed nuts(no peanuts) and almonds though. They are my junkfood.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                Guess I forgot to mention ... I don't eat veggies. Never have. Well, maybe celery & salad type "green" stuff. Mostly meat. I'm 64 and it has'nt adversly affected me yet.

I do eat alot of Mixed nuts(no peanuts) and almonds though. They are my junkfood.

My husband and I used to feel the same way about vegetables, and then I started roasting them. Total game changer for both of us. We also enjoy them when adulterated by a luscious sauce: asparagus with Hollandaise, green beans in a mushroom cream sauce, cauliflower in a cheese sauce, broccoli in Piccata sauce. Any other way, and they’re often lifeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X