No announcement yet.

Fly and Mosquito Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got a three pronged approach. 2 Spartan Pro Techs in the edge of the woods, a Dynatrap, plus a couple tiki torches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely recommend the Spartan system. Been using it the last 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Spartans but also bought 3 of the bag traps from Walmart a few days ago. They are about $5 and are filling up with flies fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          I’m in the restaurant buisiness and have 2 large dumpsters behind my building. It is a breeding ground for flys. The best I have found, and use it daily is Starbar Quickstrike Fly Bait. The blue crystals that come in a red can. I buy at Tractor Supply and sprinkle lightly all around and flys will be flopping around within minutes. I would be screwed without it. Mosquitoes I have no advice.
          Yep it works for me too. Just make sure kids know it ain’t pop rocks.

Not impressed with the Spartans, only been out a few days though.

Comment

Thank you! We appreciate the input!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I've tried several gizmos that others swear by that have just worked marginally for me. I put out the Spartan cannisters and after a month or so each had maybe 10-12 skeeters in them. My Dynatrap caught lots of bugs but less than 10% of them were mosquitos and many of them flew away when I was emptying it. I've gone back to just spraying the yard once a month and using my small propane fogger occasionally.
              They don't work by catching them, but by interrupting the breeding cycle. I think by females drinking this fluid instead of blood making eggs sterile.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I've tried several gizmos that others swear by that have just worked marginally for me. I put out the Spartan cannisters and after a month or so each had maybe 10-12 skeeters in them. My Dynatrap caught lots of bugs but less than 10% of them were mosquitos and many of them flew away when I was emptying it. I've gone back to just spraying the yard once a month and using my small propane fogger occasionally.

Spartans are not traps.

Edit. Post above mine already said it.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-23-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

AHA! No wonder they weren't trapping anything!

Comment

I’m trying the Spartans this year…..as was recommended on here last year

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spartan-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't know what kind of voodoo science is in these, but they work.
                      These are what we use. Don't have a fly problem but we use them for the skeeters.

Comment

I used the Spartans last year and bought them again this year. They used to say 3-4 month control but now the package says replace every 30 days.

That gets expensive. And I still had a ton of mosquitoes last year so I don’t think they are very effective.

There is no standing water in my yard but some woods with water behind my lot.

I also have a large Dynatrap. I don’t think it is very effective for mosquitoes but will catch other bugs. The bulbs on those are supposed to be replaced every 4 months or so. The ballast went out on it after a season but they sent me a new one within the 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Internet says all that’s in the Spartans is salt, sugar and yeast. Think I’ll give that a try on the refill. Hard to tell if they’re working anyways, but they ain’t hurting nothing sitting there.

Comment

I found the Dana trap at Costco for $77…. With 2 extra bulbs….

Gonna give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                              Internet says all that’s in the Spartans is salt, sugar and yeast. Think I’ll give that a try on the refill. Hard to tell if they’re working anyways, but they ain’t hurting nothing sitting there.

I believe it has borac acid to kill and sugar to attract

Comment

Working...
                              X