Balcones Canyonlands 2021, 11/19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones Canyonlands 2021, 11/19-21

Thought it would be helpful to have a dedicated thread for drawn hunters to share thoughts and info.

I was assigned to the 1-8 unit (parking 1-8-E). There are no specific hunting areas assigned inside this compartment. I figured we should know where everyone will be beforehand for obvious reasons.

We will be in 1-11 parking 1-11-B.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      We will be in 1-11 parking 1-11-B.
      Thanks for checking in.

Comment

We will be parking at 1-11-A

Comment

I have been assigned to compartment 1-3 and parking in 1-3 G. Zooming in on google earth, my parking spot does not look like much, it says we can count the number of parking spots to determine how many are in our unit, but mine looks like just a dirt road with no "visual parking spots" so not sure how many will be here. Anyone bringing an atv with them? It says we can use it on roads, so I may bring mine, not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TrkTek View Post
            I have been assigned to compartment 1-3 and parking in 1-3 G. Zooming in on google earth, my parking spot does not look like much, it says we can count the number of parking spots to determine how many are in our unit, but mine looks like just a dirt road with no "visual parking spots" so not sure how many will be here. Anyone bringing an atv with them? It says we can use it on roads, so I may bring mine, not sure yet.
            My parking area is not visible on maps, but it's there. They put a post with your parking letter and mow an area next to it.

I don't know about 1-3, but half of hunting areas in 1-8 have VERY rough roads. Also, the first hill you have to climb to get to any parking spot is almost impossible for a 2wd in dry conditions (forget it if it rains). If I had an ATV, I'd definitely bring it to 1-8.

Comment

Do park in assigned spots. Convinced of Fed Cessna fly over and talked with guys in another unit identified same. But I could be wrong and same plane liked flying over different areas 5 miles apart.
              Last edited by ABWGTX; 11-18-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Just got finished field dressing a decent 10pt from the valley south of parking 1-3-C and 1-3-D. My brother and I have those two spots.
                Attached Files

Comment

Either my pic is sideways or the terrain is steeper than I thought

Comment

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

That is a great deer for Balcones Canyonlands!

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                        That is a great deer for Balcones Canyonlands!
                        Thanks! We were here the same weekend back in 2018 and it was peak rut, so I came with high hopes. So far so good!

Comment

Nice deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X