No announcement yet.

Snake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK, the tail looks a little long for a CM. I'm thinking banded or blotched water snake. A better shot of the head would tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
      Not sure about the water snake thing. That head is definitely arrow headed. Indicating poisonous snake.
      Its common for a nonvenomous snake to flatten their heads into a triangle posturing to make themselves look bigger, more dangerous.

Comment

It's not venomous but it will eat the devil out of fish. I've even caught them drowned in my perch traps. Bite the devil out of you and leave a nasty but non-venomous wound. We kill them over the fish eating. Also, nothing like picking up a stringer full of perch your 6 year old has been catching and have one of those attached. Mine is 22 and she still talks about the day daddy shot her perch to get the snake off of it!

Comment

Dead

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
            It's not venomous but it will eat the devil out of fish. I've even caught them drowned in my perch traps. Bite the devil out of you and leave a nasty but non-venomous wound. We kill them over the fish eating. Also, nothing like picking up a stringer full of perch your 6 year old has been catching and have one of those attached. Mine is 22 and she still talks about the day daddy shot her perch to get the snake off of it!
            Yes this is very truth we have killed over 30 this year at our pond they will clean up a pond of fish in a heartbeat!!

Comment

Diamond back water snake I believe is their name..

Comment

Defensive posturing Blotched Water Snake.

can't repost their pictures but they have a very good example of a posturing BWS.
                Last edited by Thumper; 08-10-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Looks like a yuppies nightmare snake

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                    IDK, the tail looks a little long for a CM. I'm thinking banded or blotched water snake. A better shot of the head would tell for sure.
                    You mean a better shot TO the head then you could look at it real close...

Comment

Is the tail green tipped?

Comment

I will go with water snake, none venomous.

Comment

Even a garter snake will flatten it's head to look like that when cornered and threatened. Definitely a blotched water snake.

Comment

Really like these threads. I've learned a lot about snakes from the green screen. Thanks for posting and for the replies.

Comment

Drt!

Comment

Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X