Which Arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Arrows?

My wife bought me a new Hoyt Tiburon recurve for an early X-Mas gift!! Very excited to shoot this new bow, but I've got a question. I would like to use aluminum arrows with this bow. The bow is 50lbs at 28in. I pull right at 28in when I draw. I want to shoot Bear Razorheads, 125gr. I'm thinking Easton 2117 shafts at 30in long. Would this be an accurate set up as far as spine and arrow weight? I'll be shooting off the shelf if that matters. Any other pointers are appreciated. Thanks

TBK

I think a 2117 would be a little too stiff as it is for around 70-75 pounds. A 2018 (50-60 #'s) cut to 30" with 125 grain tips would probably be a better choice. A couple of good sites to visit are www.bowmaker.net and www.arrowsbykelly.com They both have lots of tips on tuning and also good references to spine charts....good luck and welcome to the trad site!!!

Comment

Do you have a sorce where you can try differant sizes I shoot 2016's out of a 54#with 125 points fly great, out of my girls bow 43# fly graet with 145's.

Comment

Not familiar with that bow. If it is cut past center then it will shoot the 2117 or 2216 fine. It may be a little stiff though. You could drop down to a smaller diameter shaft and cut it to 29 inches. If you like the larger shafts and a little more weight then I would certainly try one of the two mentioned above. Oh yes, I am sure you know to shoot off the shelf you will need feathers on the arrows. (Just checking) LoL

Comment

Working...
        X