No announcement yet.

Coyote trappers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyotes run the road where the little dirt hole and walkthrough set are, but only thing they do is they crapped in front of the dirt hole a while back.
    I guess that's a dual message. One to me that says we are on to you, and one to every other coyotes to stay away.

Comment

I have 20 snares that I made, but have been reluctant to use. I don't want to catch any deer, as that would completely defeat my purpose for catching the coyotes. I set some for hogs on heavy hog trails, and then managed to catch a boar back in the fall, but the deer and the coyotes pretty much run the same trails.
      Snares may be my best option, though. I'll figure something out.

Comment

In retrospect, I should have set snares up around that big dead hog that I put the original set from this post on.

Comment

Good luck, I keep checking back for some good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulled the two traps that were on the main road this morning. They were the small dirt hole and the walkthrough set close to each other. The ground had crusted so hard after the rain last week that the traps wouldn't even fire.
            Just regular sandy loam soil.

Comment

This big ol fawn eaters days are over!
              Attached Files

Comment

He knew the gig was up!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Too late for this guy. Check out the little fawn hooves that made it thru the digestion cycle in this scat.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good work!

Comment

I see alot of hole sets . any of yall try post sets with yote urine? They work great

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                          I see alot of hole sets . any of yall try post sets with yote urine? They work great
                          They do work good this time of the year. A walk thru set with coyote or fox urine, on one side, coyote gland on the other, Is lethal

Comment

What type of trap is this? I ran into it while walking a fence line
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a #3 double long spring. Hard to tell in the shadow, but I believe it’s a victor brand. It doesn’t look like it’s been there too long.

Comment

Agree with Trapper76

Double long spring with a drag

With that foam under the pan I bet it has not been there long either

Could have got a deer or hog and they made it that far before it popped off?

No telling where it could have come from. I remember when I was a kid that my dad had a trap out on my grandparents place and it vanished. Guy found it several properties over with remnants of a coyote foot in it a year or so later.

Comment

Working...
                                X