X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 4 of 7
    "JOURNEYS"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 33:1-36:13, Jeremiah 2:4-28; 4:1-2, Matthew 5:33-37, James 4:1-5:20)

Boundaries of the Land
    (Numbers 34)

First Yahweh gave the boarders of the Land as seen in Numbers 34:1-14. Comparing this to the borders of the Land given in the Covenant to Abraham and his descendants in Genesis 15:18-21, we note the size difference. The Israelite’s today live in only a tenth of what originally has been given to them. According to Ezekiel’s prophetic vision the possession of the entire land of promise has not yet happened (Ezekiel 47:13-48:35).

Could the difference in possession and reduced size of Israel today be due to not having put our trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or having walked the walk of faith in His holy ways? This could explain why so many Israelites are outside the land and why the land is unstable to live in and partially occupied by an enemy.

Both the journey through the wilderness and the divisions of the Land according to the tribes are prophetic for our day even though many claim all twelve tribes no longer exist at this present time. Yahweh’s promises are prophetic and hold true especially in our present day in spite of foreign men negotiating and trading Yahweh’s land for a false peace. His promises hold true in spite of uprooting Israelites who have planted communities in their own country as a testimony of Yahweh while surrounded by hostile neighbors. His promises hold true in spite of having other Nations who attempt to dictate Israel’s national policies. The only time Yahweh ever spoke of dividing the land was to impart the inheritance to the twelve tribes of Israel. He never once spoke about dividing the land or giving away any part of it to anyone else. Many people try to govern Yahweh’s plans, but the fact is, Yahweh spoke it and it will come to pass.

Jeremiah 33:7 “I will bring Judah[Jews] and Israel[Scattered Ten Tribes] back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before.”

The road home still exists. It is called the highway of holiness (Isaiah 35). In Genesis 17:7-8 Yahweh established His Covenant with Abraham and his descendants through Isaac as an everlasting covenant. Yahweh gave to Abraham’s descendants all of the land of Canaan for a perpetual possession. Approximately 3,500 years have passed since the Covenant was spoken to Abraham. Many wars, occupations and tragedies have come and gone – but true Israel has not forgotten His word. So is God finished with Israel? Has He forgotten or revoked His Covenant with Israel regarding the people and the land and the blessings? For a few thousand years people with animosity toward the Jews have believed God was finished with them. Have they not read the prophecy in the book of Ezekiel or have they chosen to ignore it?

Ezekiel 11:17 “I will gather you [Israel] from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again[second time].”

John 14:14 “You may ask me for any thing in my name, and I will do it.”

God’s Modern Day Road Map

Ezekiel 37:11-14 “Then Yahweh said to me: ‘Son of man, these bones are the Whole House of Israel [House of Judah/House of Ephraim] They say, “Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.” Therefore prophesy and say to them: “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves [release you from captivity/exile] and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel[Like Jacobs Bones]. Then you, my people [Both Judah & Ephraim], will know that I am Yahweh, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I Yahweh have spoken, and I have done it, declares Yahweh.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X