Anyone dealt with Waste management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Waste management?

Slight rant or maybe just a PSA. I needed a roll off dumpster in Marble Falls. Called them and got a quote for 418 + 15 per day. That is delivered and picked up and dumped. I said great let’s do it.....well lady starts burning up the adding machine ( I could hear it over the phone ) and comes back with 965.00 total. I’m floored so I ask what the hell is that when 2 minutes ago it was 418 and she said well we have environmental fees, fuel fees and tax bla bla so I got a little peeved and told her to get bent.
    Today I decide I’d just load me small 5x8 trailer with 4 foot sides and see what they would charge my in Burnet to dump this little trailer.......we charge 40 per sq yd they say and it would cost you $252 to dump that little trailer. Well I brought the stuff to the local dump and it cost me $20
    Not sure why anyone would use those folks at WM if they have any choice at all

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Slight rant or maybe just a PSA. I needed a roll off dumpster in Marble Falls. Called them and got a quote for 418 + 15 per day. That is delivered and picked up and dumped. I said great let’s do it.....well lady starts burning up the adding machine ( I could hear it over the phone ) and comes back with 965.00 total. I’m floored so I ask what the hell is that when 2 minutes ago it was 418 and she said well we have environmental fees, fuel fees and tax bla bla so I got a little peeved and told her to get bent.
    Today I decide I’d just load me small 5x8 trailer with 4 foot sides and see what they would charge my in Burnet to dump this little trailer.......we charge 40 per sq yd they say and it would cost you $252 to dump that little trailer. Well I brought the stuff to the local dump and it cost me $20
    Not sure why anyone would use those folks at WM if they have any choice at all

Same here in Rogers. I use WM for local trach pick up in our country setting, but when I inquired about a 15 yard dumpster, they quoted me over $900 and that was with less than 4000# in it and only for 7 days then it was a charge per day after that.

Called Lone Star Dumpsters out of Waco and even though I was a little out of their local area, they delivered an 18 yard dumpster with the total cost being $417!

WM is decent on price for local trash pick up but they can stick it for a roll off dumpster!

Comment

Our trash company here has dumpsters, you can rent, was close to $400 total, you could keep it for as long as needed. Local dump charges about $16 for anything you bring. You just have to load/assist unloading.

Comment

I was wondering if they were railing folks on local pick up. Glad to hear they ain’t bad on that at least. Not sure why they quote a price then charge more in fees then the dang dumpster.
        Just tell me the whole freakin price up front

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Our trash company here has dumpsters, you can rent, was close to $400 total, you could keep it for as long as needed. Local dump charges about $16 for anything you bring. You just have to load/assist unloading.
          Yeah, even me driving 50 miles to dump the trailer locally I’m saving money over WM. I just don’t like the way they have do things the last two days. Don’t think they really care what I think either

Comment

Our local dump delivered a dumpster to my house. I filled it up over a few days with demo. They picked it up and charged me like $3-400. I felt good about that. Then again, they don't spend billions annually sponsoring golf tournaments, NASCAR and relentless advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              Our local dump delivered a dumpster to my house. I filled it up over a few days with demo. They picked it up and charged me like $3-400. I felt good about that. Then again, they don't spend billions annually sponsoring golf tournaments, NASCAR and relentless advertising.

I almost asked that lady if my name would be on a race car if I paid her that 965.
              Wish I had

Comment

I worked for them for 3 yrs driving rolloff. They make a killin in the trash business. They are a bunch of crooks

Comment

They really have a racket on towns they have contracts with and you can't use any other dumpster company, my buddy got ran out of Whitesboro city limits. Another got ran out of Weatherford.

Comment

I work for a small trash company and we can get you a roll off just about anywhere in Texas and I promise we are a lot cheaper than them.

Comment

I can take my 16' dump trailer to Hutto and pay $150, in Burnet, it would cost me $700. Where is your local place that cost $20?

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                        I can take my 16' dump trailer to Hutto and pay $150, in Burnet, it would cost me $700. Where is your local place that cost $20?
                        Copperas cove.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                          I worked for them for 3 yrs driving rolloff. They make a killin in the trash business. They are a bunch of crooks
                          Answer me this
                          Does the trash at their transfer station go to an off site dump?
                          If their dump any better than any other dump?
                          I have said it for years ( on an assumption) that their trash goes the same place everyone else’s trash goes

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            I work for a small trash company and we can get you a roll off just about anywhere in Texas and I promise we are a lot cheaper than them.
                            I made two trips today so I won’t be needing a dumpster after all. I’ll just make a few trips instead of no trips

Comment

Find a local scrap and trash guy. We just cleaned out my grandfathers old place and found a guy on craigslist who loaded all scrap for free and charged $100 a load on his 20’ trailer for trash haul off. He loaded everything on his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X