Toll Road Shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toll Road Shenanigans

About a month ago I get a bill that I was on a toll road. I believe the charges amounted to $2.60 or so.

Only problem is it was not my vehicle that was on the toll road. The pic that is on the bill has a lp # that is close to mine but again it's not my truck. It's a horrible dark pic taken early morning prior to the sun coming up. I was working on the day and nobody would have drive my truck to Austin and back.

I meant to call them but it slipped my mind. Fast forward to today I get a bill for $16.90... What the h@ll??

The bill is from the the central Texas regional mobility authority. I will be calling them in the morning. I am curious, does anyone know if these morons can mess with the registration on my truck later on down the road??

don't know the answer to your question but...when you call, be nice to the folks. they don't make the rules etc...

I have called a few times to question something. once figured out, they were cordial and polite to deal with. these folks get the tongue lashing from folks mad about mistakes. Some times there are several toll, authorities and it can be confusing whom to deal with.

Comment

I get bills from The Austin area all the time if you
      Can get them on the phone they will clear your name.

Comment

I had some past due tolls also and they will usually reduce the bill when you call.

Comment

I keep getting the same but it’s a license plate I used to have before I got DV tags. I just have to call and they fix it. Tolls are in Houston, we’re in DFW area.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know the answer??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Thanks for the replies. Anyone know the answer??
              If you can convince them that it is not your vehicle. You should be good to go.

Comment

Had the same situation awhile back. I drive a Chevy and the pic was the tailgate of a gmc. The LP was only one number off I think, they cleared it without a problem

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
                  Had the same situation awhile back. I drive a Chevy and the pic was the tailgate of a gmc. The LP was only one number off I think, they cleared it without a problem
                  I am hoping they are reasonable with me. The plate is off on one of the numbers. I will see whT happens...

Comment

Be nice when you call to talk with them. Explain what happened. You can give them your plate # to run thru DMV to verify. They have always been very courteous with me.

Comment

Yep just call and be nice. Same thing happened to me. Plate was off by one number. I guess computers read them and aren’t perfect. Just explain yourself and they will make it go away.

Comment

I had somewhat of a similar problem. Someone stole my licence plate while I was staying at a hotel in San Antonio. They put my LP on their vehicle, drove through what seems like every toll booth in Austin, and ran up my bill. After getting multiple fines and calling multiple times and explaining that my LP was from a F-150 and the vehicle using my LP was a Nissan Frontier; they finally told me to file a police report. Once I did all that, it was resolved and all the fines were dropped.

I hope you don't have to go through a similar headache.

Comment

Good luck. Hope they get it all straightened out.

Comment

If it’s not your vehicle or plate why worry about it?

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                              I had somewhat of a similar problem. Someone stole my licence plate while I was staying at a hotel in San Antonio. They put my LP on their vehicle, drove through what seems like every toll booth in Austin, and ran up my bill. After getting multiple fines and calling multiple times and explaining that my LP was from a F-150 and the vehicle using my LP was a Nissan Frontier; they finally told me to file a police report. Once I did all that, it was resolved and all the fines were dropped.

I hope you don't have to go through a similar headache.
                              Not to digress from OP's message, but England has speed camera's that will auto write tickets based on the timing of when you come though. Basically, if it takes less than say a minute to go through two sets of camera's they know you were speeding.

They have these trucks that monitor those camera's. Well some guy snuck up to one of these trucks, stole the plate off of it, then went blowing through all the traffic cameras with the trucks plate on his car, racking up who knows how many tickets, then put the plate back on the truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X