No announcement yet.

When Did You Start To Feel Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You whippersnappers are just getting started. It really hit me at about 50. All the younger years of football, steer wrestling and dirt bikes caught up to me. I've broke every one of my fingers twice and some three times. Have the knee's of a jelly fish and arthritis in several places. Like they say, getting old ain't for sissie's.

Comment

38 best shape of my life. 59 tired all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        It gets better as you age, you just hurt all the time and get used to it.
        Early 40's for me, I'm 51 now Like said above, you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Early 40's for me, I'm 51 now Like said above, you get used to it.
          Same for me. I am 43 now and been feeling aches and pains lasting longer the last couple years. Of course, I do need to start taking better care of myself.

J

Comment

54 and the downhill roll slowly started about 50...but i can still keep up with the young 20 somethings at work..its just .....s l o w e r.

Comment

Go in there and knock the Hi-Lo out of it about three times week. It'll keep you pain free

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I am 57 and when I do certain things I used to do with no problem and now is a struggle I think about my age. Slinging heavy objects around like I used to just does not happen any more. Now I have to think about the safest/easiest way to move a heavy object LOL. My shoulders are shot and have had surgery on them. I cannot do things like plank when working out or push ups. Too painful. My low back gives out rather quickly these days. I also have to watch working in the heat of the day because I have had heat stroke once and exhaustion many times and now I over heat easily. When at the ranch I work from 1/2 hour before sun up till about 10:30 or 11:00. Then Ill go in and go back out at 6:00 work till dark. The tendons in my hands are begining to tighten up too. After a hard day of labor my knuckles ache hands feel swollen a bit and hard to make a fist. It goes away after a couple of days of rest. But I dont let all this stop me. I enjoy working with my hands too much. Running a business and being in an office all day I look forward to the weekends working at the ranch. So at 57 I am feeling my age and I just try and work smarter not harder.

Comment

I'm just afraid of the day I stop hurting.

Comment

Feeling bad will creep up on you and you'll never recognize it. One day you'll start exercising, or go on a diet and start feeling good and it will be a eye opener. Kind of like putting new brakes on your truck. you never realized how bad they were until you drove it with the new ones.

Comment

I just turned 66 last Saturday and can honestly say this is the first year I've felt my age. Alot of ageing is a mental struggle, but eventually the physical takes it's toll.

Hogboy

Comment

OP, start with the fish oil and turmeric. It will make a big difference. Lots of fish oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Go in there and knock the Hi-Lo out of it about three times week. It'll keep you pain free

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          You talking about the gym right??? Now that was funny

Comment

For me, the more I work out the better I feel and move. I hit the weights/ cardio about 6 times a week. I am 46 and feeling better everyday. It's a mind set, stretch and workout it will help with the joints and pain.

Comment

I turn 50 in January. I realized last month I was going to have to quit jogging etc. I love doing it but it is starting to hurt my knees, hips and ankles too much. I am going to try to get into some moderate weightlifting instead

Rick

Comment

I still felt great in my mid to late 30's and was in the best shape of my life. I was eating clean and working out on a regular basis. At about 39 I started letting myself go and now at 41 I feel like a truck ran over me most days. It's my fault though and I know what to do if I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X