Neal's Lodging in Concan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neal's Lodging in Concan...

Anyone been? Booked in July, taking the family and staying on the river......Looking for reviews, good or bad.

Food is good.

Comment

Neal's is one of the original swim places on the Frio. Food, cabins, swimming. Good place to enjoy the river. Been going there since I was a kid in the '60's. Grew up just down the road in Sabinal, so Ive spent a lot of time there. You will enjoy it.

Comment

THe big slide is a flippin HOOT!!

We head down there at the end of July, sure hope the water is down by then

Comment

Neal's is OK, but has become "Guadalupe West" in recent years. Don't get me wrong, I love throwing back some beers and floating the Frio, but Neal's can get pretty rowdy for a family friendly place. If you want more relaxed, family friendly fun, head further North up the river and use Concan as a floating destination. Just my $.02

Neal's Cafe is awesome and don't leave there without the chicken fried steak.

Comment

Never stayed at Neal's but, I have spent plenty of time in the river in front of it.
            It was a relaxing place to hang out.

Comment

Just stayed there memorial day weekend (Friday and Saturday before the flood!). We stayed at the camp sites, so I couldn't say much about the cabins. The camp was clean and the people were friendly, the food wasn't bad either.

Comment

We've been staying there the last 3-4 years. We stay in cabin 27 I believe. Its right by the water. Its nothing more than a hunting camp cabin but we love it. Has some cold A/C window units, 2 bedrooms and a small kitchen. Its the only one we've stayed at so not sure about the others. If you like simple then you'll love it. My family does. The Neals watering whole is awesome!!

Ray

Comment

Thanks guys. We won't be doing much floating, my youngest is 4. It will be mostly horse back riding, swimming and "The Slide"!!

Comment

Can you take your own kayaks and fish the river from Neals? Want to take the girls down there and see it sometime this summer.

Comment

Not sure, the lady on the phone was really nice and answered all our questions.

Comment

you will like neals

Comment

Stayed at Neal's 3 different times from 2006-2013 and every time it was enjoyable. As someone mentioned it can get a little rowdy from time to time, but overall nothing that made it family unfriendly or made me feel unsafe with my kids.

Comment

Where is old what's his name when you need a few good pic's from the Concan area!

Artistic Wildlife sounds familiar!

Comment

We go every year. We hang at Neal's water hole or head to Garner.
                              My kids are headed there today. Might be a fast tubing experience!

Comment

Working...
                              X