Suburban Flagpoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suburban Flagpoles?

Might be a silly question but I'm debating on putting a flagpole in our front yard. I am wanting to install one with a solar light in our front garden (red circle below), wife thinks it will look out of place and wants to do the more traditional residential garage flag(s) indicated in blue dots below. I need to measure the roof height but hoping I can get away with a 20' pole. All advice is appreciated.

No suggestions other than check your HOA, I know ours has height restrictions.

Comment

Tell her no such thing as an American flag being out of place

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        No suggestions other than check your HOA, I know ours has height restrictions.
        Neighbor checked for me the other day and said they must have removed it because he remembered it in there years ago but it didn't have any restrictions showing currently. I'll double check myself before spending the money for sure though. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I had a fellow put one next to one of the houses we had a few years ago. It was about a 20” pole in diameter and 30’ tall. He also had a solar light on top of the pole. I was curious if he had thought it it would ever go out. Looked like a model home marquis and he had a couple folks inquire. No further comments just glad I don’t have to look at it any longer.

Comment

I just installed the 20' harbor freight telescopic pole. It was about $45 on sale and so far its been great. Super easy and affordable.

Comment

It's your house...…………………..
              Put it, anywhere you want...………………..

Comment

As far as poles, I suggest 'uncommon usa' telescoping. We have the heavy duty. Mounts in a pvc sleeve in concrete so you can take if you ever move. Ive suggested to others in the 'hood. The uncommon usa poles are the only ones that havent bent when left up in heavy storms

Comment

Flags should be illuminated if flown at night. So unless you plan to put it up every morning and take it down every night, make sure to have a light on it. Regardless of pole vs wall mounted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do all 3!

Comment

When our house mounted flag gets whipped around by the wind I frequently find it in a tangled mess. I would prefer a freestanding flag pole.

Comment

Just put up a 25' Titan telescoping two flag pole.
                        Bought it from Ameritex in Bulverde.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by TexasTK; 08-05-2020, 12:34 PM. Reason: Add pic

Comment

Working...
                        X