Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 08-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
Ellen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County, Texas
Default Paper Tuning Issue

I had a QAD failure and sent it back for repair. In the meantime we put a Whisker Bisquit on my bow. Hubby paper tuned it....bullet holes . When the QAD came back he put it back on my bow and paper tuned it again....3/8" right tear. No matter what he did he still got the right tear. Took the QAD off my back-up bow, same result, right tear. Could not get it to tune no matter what. Took the QAD off his bow, put it on mine, same thing again . Tried a Rip Cord and got the same exact tear yet again. Four different drop aways.... four 3/8" right tears. Put the Whisker Bisquit back on....bullet holes. What are we missing ?????
Ellen is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #2
enewman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Are you shooting bare shaft or fletched arrows?
enewman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Ellen
Ten Point

Both with the same result.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
enewman
Ten Point

I would go to a bow shop. Sounds like the power stroke needs set. (Yoke tuning or shimming) whisker May have straighten the arrows out.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I had a QAD failure and sent it back for repair. In the meantime we put a Whisker Bisquit on my bow. Hubby paper tuned it....bullet holes . When the QAD came back he put it back on my bow and paper tuned it again....3/8" right tear. No matter what he did he still got the right tear. Took the QAD off my back-up bow, same result, right tear. Could not get it to tune no matter what. Took the QAD off his bow, put it on mine, same thing again . Tried a Rip Cord and got the same exact tear yet again. Four different drop aways.... four 3/8" right tears. Put the Whisker Bisquit back on....bullet holes. What are we missing ?????
Sounds like you need to shoot the Whisker Biscuit
lovemylegacy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
rocky
Pope & Young

Ms. Ellen. I’m a huge fan of the WB for hunting, but when tuning a bow with a split harness of any type, it can lie to you. I tune all bows with a QAD, and then put the biscuit on it. Sounds like you have a harness issue, or if your bow is one of the newer Mathews, the top hats need changing. Let us know what bow you’re shooting.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
enewman
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
Ms. Ellen. Iím a huge fan of the WB for hunting, but when tuning a bow with a split harness of any type, it can lie to you. I tune all bows with a QAD, and then put the biscuit on it. Sounds like you have a harness issue, or if your bow is one of the newer Mathews, the top hats need changing. Let us know what bow youíre shooting.
hey Rocky.

how have you been. I hope all is good for you and family.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #8
Ellen
Ten Point

Thanks for responding guys. I am shooting a 2014 Obsession Sniper GT. I like the WB okay but, I prefer the QAD.
Hubby got me all fixed up, tuned perfectly and shooting bullet holes again . He made new Delrin shims that moved the cams to the right .020 and they helped but, still not perfect. So he made a second set that moved the cams over another .020 (total of .040) and that did it..... perfect .
Old 08-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #9
enewman
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Thanks for responding guys. I am shooting a 2014 Obsession Sniper GT. I like the WB okay but, I prefer the QAD.
Hubby got me all fixed up, tuned perfectly and shooting bullet holes again . He made new Delrin shims that moved the cams to the right .020 and they helped but, still not perfect. So he made a second set that moved the cams over another .020 (total of .040) and that did it..... perfect .
that will do it.