BOG death grip vs PIG saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOG death grip vs PIG saddle

For those that have used both, which do you prefer and why? I have a couple of tripods but they aren’t very heavy duty. The PIG saddle costs more than the death grip and it doesn’t come with a tripod.

I need to buy one for an upcoming hunt so any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have both and both work as needed
    I tend to use my pig saddle more because it is mounted on a ball head and provides more movement options than the BOG. BOG is just left to right.
    I like to be able to set the mount at any degree or location on the head.
    Not sure it’s worth the price difference by the time you add up the tripod and head and pig saddle
    I bought the pig saddle before the bog was out and didn’t want to spend what kopfjager wanted.
    Only bought the bog because it was on sale for a little over a 100 and spare will be nice to have and for buddies to use
    If money isn’t any issue I say Kopfjager reaper grip setup is the best there is with a carbon tripod.
    Last edited by FireNguns; 11-27-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

If the death grip has the same plastic clamps as other products I'd go pig saddle without ever using one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used both. I prefer the pig saddle. The ability to switch out accessories, upgrade to a better ball head, more mobility and finer adjustments are available with the pig saddle and ball head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a "decent" carbon fiber tripod that I use with pig saddle. I also bought the aluminum bog death grip tripod. I prefer the CF tripod and ball head with pig saddle. The DG works but it doesn't have a ball head so it won't "self level" i bought the DG to leave in a ground blind so i don't have to carry and or leave my PS tripod all the time.

They are both very steady, and do what they are intended to do. That said i prefer the PS and the CF tripod

Comment

If it matters we will be using it in a blind.

Cost is a factor but I don’t want the BOG if it will be limited usability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              If it matters we will be using it in a blind.

Cost is a factor but I don’t want the BOG if it will be limited usability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The bog pod will 100% work for that! But if you ever want to do other things you may regret not spending a little more

Comment

Peep this Mike

The Kopfjäger Ambush’s design provides a solid solution to fighting fatigue and ensures a precise shot while inside your deer blind. The Ambush Support Assembly also features a camera thread adapter that allows you to mount a Reaper Grip Rest or Reaper Rail System.

Takes up less room than a tripod. Great company

They have a standard reaper grip that mounts on a tripod (carbon or aluminum) as well

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I don’t have of saddle but have used the BOG in a blind and it is great. I would not want to go on a mountain hunt with it but for walking to the blind to the truck it’s not a big deal.

Comment

For blind hunting I don’t think you will be disappointed with the BOG. I have two Bogs and a tripod from Nuggets with the ball. I prefer the ball tripod, but we use the Bogs a lot.

Comment

I have a brand new BOG deathgrip I’ll make you a deal on if you decide you want one.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Pig with an Arca Swiss mounted on a ball head, then Arca Swiss plates on guns, camera, spotting scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                          The bog pod will 100% work for that! But if you ever want to do other things you may regret not spending a little more

Well the aluminum version of the BOG is $125.

The Pig saddle with the ball head and their tripod is $400’ish. I call that quite a bit more for something that will only get used on occasion.

I’m watching videos of the BOG it will tilt and pan, so what doe the pig saddle setup offer for over 3X the price?

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            I have a brand new BOG deathgrip I’ll make you a deal on if you decide you want one.

Sierracharlie out....

PM me what you have and what you want for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Well the aluminum version of the BOG is $125.

The Pig saddle with the ball head and their tripod is $400’ish. I call that quite a bit more for something that will only get used on occasion.

I’m watching videos of the BOG it will tilt and pan, so what doe the pig saddle setup offer for over 3X the price?

For $400 don’t even think about it. The Leofoto LS-364c is on sale today for $263, and a LH-40 head can be had for $120ish. That tripod is easily double the pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X