Grandson got it done this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandson got it done this evening

Grandson got his first really nice buck today. It was getting late and this big boy came snooping around and stayed a little too long. Really proud of this young man tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck and congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats to the young man!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to your grandson on a nice deer!

Comment

Very nice, congrats your grandson.

Comment

That's a nice one. Congrats

Comment

Good job young man

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats to the young man.

Comment

Congratulations to your grandson! That's a fine buck. His smile shows it all.

Comment

Awesome job young man!

Comment

First off, thanks dad for starting this thread. Now for the story. Two years ago my boy was 7 and got his first deer. It was a legit trophy spike that I would have been happy to shoot. Since then he’s been wanting a “real buck”. Last year we never had the opportunity for even one sit. This year, dad found us a lease in Eastland County and it was a last minute find. We set up stands and feeders in the last six weeks or so. Since then we’ve had some good deer on camera, but they aren’t consistent at all.

The plan today was for me and the boy to leave by 1 to make the three hour drive to make the afternoon hunt. About 8 this morning my wife told me that the boy was supposed to have a math test this afternoon. I convinced her he could make it up after the break and we got on the road on time.

We hit the gate at 4 on the nose and made our way to the stand. The feeder spun at 4:32. We sat patiently but I thought we were going to get skunked. At 5:37 three grown doe and a yearling came to the feeder. About ten minutes later I hear the boy say “big buck, big buck”! I looked and saw this cool 8 that we’d seen before and knew he was legal and a great first “real buck”. He made his way to the feeder and came in broadside. The boy was already on the gun and said he was good for the shot. I reached over and clicked off the safety and the rest is history.

I couldn’t be more proud of my boy and this deer. The boy knew what he was after and made it happen. He’s gonna make a great euro and be really tasty to boot!

Comment

Looks like a great buck and a good shot. Congrats to the whole family.

Comment

Working...
                              X