Where are the buzzards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the buzzards.

We have not seen buzzards in a couple weeks. We have 2 fresh carcasses on our property and they are usual on them in a couple hrs. It’s been over a week. Also we are usually dodging them on the Hwy but they carcasses there are just bloating. I know they migrate south out of Kansas when I was hunting up there but I’ve always had them here in East Texas. Any input from anybody

They're exhausted from filling out illegal mail-in ballots. They'll be back shortly.

Comment

Seems like I always see a few circling in Neches.

Comment

Getting fat on all the gut piles across Texas

Comment

In the shop getting their batteries replaced and cameras upgraded to 4k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vacationing in margaritaville!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              They're exhausted from filling out illegal mail-in ballots. They'll be back shortly.
              I like this. ^^^^^ but I’m telling you I’ve lived here for 7 yrs and I can put something in the field and they are on it in a couple hrs. I’ve got 2 carcasses here snd nothing has touched in the last week. Crazy

Comment

I killed a doe Sunday morning in Cuero and within an hour of dumping the gut pile there were dozens of them on it.

Comment

Tens of thousands of extra carcasses across the state over the last several weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Tens of thousands of extra carcasses across the state over the last several weeks.
                    I understand that but I’ve got a roost and they just left. 7 yrs and nothing has changed until now. Maybe it’s the poachers around here. They might be real busy.

Comment

On vacation in Mexico. The wall doesn't stop them either.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Time for annual migration south to Mexico and central America. Some resident birds stay each year in Texas(too lazy to fly very far) but most migrate south. Each fall and spring when you see lots of buzzards circling together they are in migration mode. I have a roost about 500 yards from the house where 5 or 6 stay and have not seen a buzzard in about 3 weeks here in north Tx.

Comment

Lots of them headed for Mexico when that cold front hit.

Comment

Still a sh#$ load here in Freestone county.

Comment

I would understand if it got real cold here that they would head south. But crap I’m hunting in shorts right now. I’m not saying they didn’t. But any information is appreciated thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X