30-378 Weatherby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30-378 Weatherby

...don’t know why, but I am intrigued by this cartridge. Anyone have one / have experience with it? Looks like the Accumark Mark V is still made for this round.

I have 2 and love them, some say too much gun but if I am hunting trophies I prefer a large gun especially big South Texas deer or mule deer. Has a muzzle break and is loud and hell but doesn't kick with it, but use hearing protection. Ammo is expensive but I don't shoot it much so I don't care.

Comment

I’ve got 1 and no animal has ever took a step, wife shoots it also, no kick with a good muzzle brake.

Comment

Originally posted by MidlandTXHunter View Post
        I have 2 and love them, some say too much gun but if I am hunting trophies I prefer a large gun especially big South Texas deer or mule deer. Has a muzzle break and is loud and hell but doesn't kick with it, but use hearing protection. Ammo is expensive but I don't shoot it much so I don't care.

Thanks much. Eyeballing one just trying to justify it. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          I’ve got 1 and no animal has ever took a step, wife shoots it also, no kick with a good muzzle brake.

That’s what I’ve read - it packs a punch down range.

Comment

Packs a lot of punch and with the brake it’s a cupcake to shoot. Gun is heavy though compared to other Weatherby calibers and the ammo isn’t cheap.

Comment

30-378 Weatherby

I had one about 15yrs ago. It had a KDF break on it. I hate wearing ear plugs or muffs but you couldn’t shoot it without them. I only hunted with it once but killed a 5x6 at 640yds with a 180gr Partition. Folded him up like a cheap suit.

Beautiful rifle and it shot well for a Weatherby but I was glad someone wanted it more than I did.

I may still have dies for it.

Comment

I've got three. Not sure why, can only shoot one at a time and I am almost strict bow now but I love the cartridge. Absolutely pole axes anything it hits. I am not a ballsitics guru but it carries some velocity and pounds down range. I have killed so many animals with it.. booooom, flop. Almost without fail. Not a gun you go plinking but if you get one, immediately go shoot it a bunch and you will realize that it really is a great caliber.

Comment

Working...
                X